JK Battery Wiring diagram Question & Kill Switch Advice

JKFlyer

hi. Don't see this on any stickies or quick search. So i installed a Hella Kill switch for all my aftermarket accessories (see pic). Because I have tube doors and because my multiple Lights, compressor, winch, CB radio all are NOT tied in to ignition, a hidden kill switch I think makes sense so nobody can fu@k with my jeep when parked for long periods of time. My switches are on both A-Pillars and lower dash. Anyway, I ran 2 sets of 4 gauge wire through firewall (made my own hole right above where battery sits and ran out behind blower motor behind glove box) so all is good and working. I am just thinking should I connect anything else that is native to the Jeep to the kill switch? I guess the main component would be the starter. I am thinking with being chipped (Superchips Traildash) maybe it is not a good idea to kill Computer power cause it could get stuck in wrong mode? Although I'd think the 87 Tune program is in Flash Memory. Also it would be annoying to reset radio stations each time I used it.

Thus, forgive the ramble and my original question: 1) What makes sense to add on to the kill switch in your opinion and 2) There are two red wires from 2010 Jeep (OEM) that are connected to battery and one red one that turns green. Does anyone know which lead to where? See pic and 3 arrows (pulled this off the web and scribbled off arrow didnt want). Ignore all other accy's added to it.

Opinions in general? Thanks, Mike
hella1.jpg hella2.jpg

Attachments

• hella2.jpg
    hella2.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 268
Last edited:
I think what you have here is a little confusing...
What exactly are you trying to kill? The accessories you've added or the Jeeps ability to be started without triggering the kill switch?

JKFlyer

I think what you have here is a little confusing...
What exactly are you trying to kill? The accessories you've added or the Jeeps ability to be started without triggering the kill switch?

I've already wired it up to kill compressor, winch, all 4 sets of LED lights and cb radio. I'm curious if I should kill the starter or any other jeep accy's....and those are all in the 2 red wires and 1 green wire attached to positive terminal ...don't know which wires lead to which

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using WAYALIFE mobile app

T&ERun

LOSER
I agree, Darkknight, that is one of the cleanest electrical setups I think I've ever seen, and I've been tooling with sports car crowds and Jeep crowds now for about 18 years. Nice job!

steve_r2

Its best to just leave added equipment separated from the factory wiring.

I built and added a complete secondary fuse/relay block.

Dark ...love your setup.
Could you tell me where you got your battery terminal connectors from ? Mine looks a hodge podge and would really like a neat setup like yours.
Sorry to hijack slightly OP.

JKFlyer

Dark ...love your setup.
Could you tell me where you got your battery terminal connectors from ? Mine looks a hodge podge and would really like a neat setup like yours.
Sorry to hijack slightly OP.

No worries. I like the route this is going. Mine is a hodge podge too even though I am very anal about the way I run my wiring and wrap all wires in that corrugated tubing stuff....then wrap in electrical tape...but when it comes to battery area its a huge mess ( this is pic of under construction)

I'd like to clean it up as well

Attachments

• 1405860548975.jpg
    1405860548975.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 188
Thank you guys I try. :)

I'm writing up a "How-To", which I might have it done tonight, so others can make one if they'd like.

Thanks again guys :)

Sent from my NSA monitoring device... Using the WAYALIFE mobile app

JKFlyer

Thank you guys I try. :)

I'm writing up a "How-To", which I might have it done tonight, so others can make one if they'd like.

Thanks again guys :)

Will definitely keep an eye out!

gtony12

Caught the Bug
If you isolate your accessories by running a designated power wire and ground you can add kill switch to the power inline wire to isolate the power by removing the red key. That eay it will not cut power the the hole jeep. Hope that makes sense and helps

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Nice Dark.....also can you tell me where you got your battery terminal connectors from ?
Cheers

Those are an older style Stinger/Raptor. I've had quite a few people ask me about it. I looked them up and they're no longer made in that style. I'm trying to see if I can get them made. From a buddy at a machine shop.

Rayz

Those are an older style Stinger/Raptor. I've had quite a few people ask me about it. I looked them up and they're no longer made in that style. I'm trying to see if I can get them made. From a buddy at a machine shop.

I think you could do something with that idea....:cool:

Top Bottom