Another lift question..

WhiteShadow

So right now I'm running stock. After doing my own research for countless hours. I have finally given in and looked at evo and while trying to stay original and unique I have come to terms with myself because...THIS STUFF IS AWESOME! But now I'm looking at the plush ride coils and wondering what would be an easier route? To get the coils and build around or to just say F it and save for an enforcer kit?

I have a clean canvas of a jeep so I want to do this right! Can anyone help me out?

JKbrick

Save for the kit, I pieced my lift together out of what I thought were the best parts and I really think I have more $ in it in the long run. I am happy with my choices but could have spent less

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
What size tires are you hoping to run? Either way, you really can't go wrong with the Enforcer kit as it comes with what you need and nothing else. The only real question you'll want to ask yourself is what shocks to get - the Kings or, something a bit more affordable.

WhiteShadow

Might as well do it right the first time and grab the king 2.5 and I was thinking a 3 inch lift so my drive shaft will last a little longer

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Might as well do it right the first time and grab the king 2.5 and I was thinking a 3 inch lift so my drive shaft will last a little longer

That's a great setup and one I would definitely recommend. Your rear shaft will last a long time but, if you have a 2012-up, you will still need a new front shaft. If you have a 2007-11 with a manual, you'll be fine but if you have an auto, you will still need to address your front shaft.

WhiteShadow

I knew I should of gotten the manual...but I have a 2010 Sahara auto but my build is slowly coming together started with interior stuff now finally starting on the outside

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I knew I should of gotten the manual...but I have a 2010 Sahara auto but my build is slowly coming together started with interior stuff now finally starting on the outside

Nothing wrong with an auto and they are better on the rocks. With 3" of lift, your front drive shaft will tear it's slip shaft boot on the transmission even without the skid plate in place. You'll be fine to drive with a busted boot for a white but, you should save up for a replacement in the future.

noroad

It maybe hard to do but it can be done i did it, but just buy as you can and put it aside till you have all the right parts you need to build. Do it once do it right, do some research on what you wana wheel/how big you want to go tire size(33/35/37 or bigger) Then go for it!

WhiteShadow

Adding terra grapplers tomorrow they are 33 but I'm also adding spydertrax 1.5 spacers as well then I'll be saving for the enforcer lift which does if come with everything I need? Or are there other things I need to look into as well? Being a college student it's very crucial to know the price I'm shooting for.

Also where can I find ds for a good price?

Differently save and do it right the first time. I'm on my third and final lift. The first 2 I didn't no much about jeeps and spent money I shouldn't have. There is a lot of good info here for you to read about lifts.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using WAYALIFE mobile app

WhiteShadow

Due to the massive amount of enforcer information on here is the reason I have finally given into the enforcer. But I must say I am super excited

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Adding terra grapplers tomorrow they are 33 but I'm also adding spydertrax 1.5 spacers as well then I'll be saving for the enforcer lift which does if come with everything I need? Or are there other things I need to look into as well? Being a college student it's very crucial to know the price I'm shooting for.

Also where can I find ds for a good price?

Honestly, if you're just going to run 33's and you're on a budget, I might recommend that you just install their leveling kit and call it a day. That or look for a basic 2.5" coil spacer lift. No need to run 3"-4" of lift for just 33's especially being that you can practically do it stock. Certainly, you won't need new drive shafts with a lower lift. Just trying to save you some money.

WhiteShadow

Oh I know the 33 are just for now until I get the enforcer then I'm going to move up to 35s regear and all that fun stuff

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
As far as drive shafts go, you'll just need a front one and being that you'll just be running 35's, you can get by with a 1310. I personally prefer JE Reel and Coast as they are well made and come standard with quality Neapco and Spicer U-joints.

WhiteShadow

Thank you very much! But also what all modification to the jeep does an enforcer require? I'm good at working on things and have the tools to do it all..just hope there aren't any welds... I'm a horrible welder

Top Bottom