EVO Double D

JandSJK

Who all is running the evo double d and what do they think of it. I know its top of the line but want some feedback. Gonna drop some coin on a kit in the next couple months just doing my research and getting as much input as i can

Prime8

I plan on having my new Rubi shipped straight to ORE to have them install this kit, and then ship it back to me in Illinois. I am pretty set on this kit, but I am always interested to hear more input. Subscribed.

MTG

Caught the Bug
Unsubscribed...I was interested in the Double D. :grayno::cheesy:

OP: I do not have this system but can give you a little bit of "first hand" knowledge. I had the opportunity to ride in GCM2's ride recently on JKX. I have to say there really is no comparison between the DTD system and a traditional coil/shock system. I have a pretty decent setup on my 2012 (EVO coils and King reservoir shocks) and could not even come close to the speeds we were able to reach in the EVO jeep. It just ate up the bumps! I also drove next to Moby on a few passes and once we hit the whoop section, all I saw was tail lights and a 40" mud grappler hanging on the back (with my 2012, it sure wasn't the engine holding me back). In fact, I was bottoming out my bump stops constantly while trying to push my jeep as fast as I could.

Prime8

MTG said:
Unsubscribed...I was interested in the Double D. :grayno::cheesy:

OP: I do not have this system but can give you a little bit of "first hand" knowledge. I had the opportunity to ride in GCM2's ride recently on JKX. I have to say there really is no comparison between the DTD system and a traditional coil/shock system. I have a pretty decent setup on my 2012 (EVO coils and King reservoir shocks) and could not even come close to the speeds we were able to reach in the EVO jeep. It just ate up the bumps! I also drove next to Moby on a few passes and once we hit the whoop section, all I saw was tail lights and a 40" mud grappler hanging on the back (with my 2012, it sure wasn't the engine holding me back). In fact, I was bottoming out my bump stops constantly while trying to push my jeep as fast as I could.

Haha, again, he didn't ask about the DTD. He asked about the Double D long arm lift kit. It's like if he asked about a Corvette and everyone kept telling him how sweet Ferrari's are...

MTG

Caught the Bug
Haha, again, he didn't ask about the DTD. He asked about the Double D long arm lift kit. It's like if he asked about a Corvette and everyone kept telling him how sweet Ferrari's are...

My bad. I guess I got distracted by the Double D.

BTW, have you heard how good the DTD system is...? :cheesy:

Prime8

MTG said:
My bad. I guess I got distracted by the Double D.

BTW, have you heard how good the DTD system is...? :cheesy:

Haha, don't be surprised if you find dog poo smeared under your door handles... Although with all the mud, you might not notice!

JandSJK

Wow with the way this tread has gone i'm really confused lol:hmm:

Edit: DTD would be nice but with a D30 and 35's at this point in time its seems a bit over kill. Mainly I want a smoother ride on and off road. The budget lift and shocks i have now just beat the crap out of me and my jeep if i try to take rough trails at any speed.

Last edited:

Robar

The Enforcer
You could try something like the EVO Enforcer kit or if you have a bigger bank the bolt on coilover kit. I'm planning on the 3" plush ride springs and some decent shocks. Won't be able to do 80 on a wash board road, but should be a lot nicer than a stock ride.

Prime8

Robar said:
You could try something like the EVO Enforcer kit or if you have a bigger bank the bolt on coilover kit. I'm planning on the 3" plush ride springs and some decent shocks. Won't be able to do 80 on a wash board road, but should be a lot nicer than a stock ride.

Except the Double D will give you the most bang for your buck and its a complete kit. Long arms are better on road than short arms.

JandSJK

Thats what i was kinda thinking as well i dont have a ton of cash right now. A new suspension is a couple months away for now i'm happy with the flex i get on the trails we have around here. Mostly just wanting a smoother ride. Was thinking of maybe doing the bolt on coils in stages. I'm curious though how long the stock bushings will hold out from the extra flex. Taking into account 85-90 percent of my driving is on pavement or blm roads with some flexy trails every now and then.

nmwranglerx

Caught the Bug
I have it

I have the double-d long arm lift. Been running it for about a year and a half. It's an awesome kit all the way around. The plush coils offer a very smooth ride. Bracketry and control arms are top notch, high quality craftsmanship for sure. The flex you get with this kit is really nice and allows for excellent articulation on ledges and whatnot, if you're into rock crawling. I'm running it with 35s and no rubbing on full flex. PM me if you have questions about this kit.

Top Bottom