The Rebuilding of Smokin's 2014 JKUR Build

SmokinV10

Caught the Bug
About 8 months ago I traded my 2013 Grand Cherokee SRT-8 for a 2014 Jeep JKUR. Was out hunting with some of my buddies on a Texas Ranch and snapped my axles on a dirt road. A month later the JKUR arrived in "modest" form with a 3" Mopar Lift and 35" tires. After purchasing the jeep I added a few cosmetic items and miscellaneous mods such as the JW Speaker Headlights and the Rigid 50" light bar, Bushwacker Flat Fenders, LOD Sliders. After a few months, I grew tired of the 35" tires and upgraded the tires and wheels to 37" Toyo's on 17" Spyderlocks. At the same time, I also welded new sleeves and C-Gussets to the front D44 and added Teraflex brakes and a synergy drag link flip kit. This is a picture of the jeep as it stands today:

26E3C931-029F-498C-B60E-298DF32F2CBC.jpg

Well, one trip wheeling with another friend on coilovers and a long arm kit and I was ready to upgrade the suspension. Another trip out with my raptor buddies and I was REALLY itching to improve the JKUR's capabilities. I started quite a few threads on this forum which takes me to the next stage of the build. What is planned and ready to start at ORE next week is:

Dynatrac ProRock 60's front
Dynatrac ProRock 80's rear
Full EVO Front and Rear Double Throw Down Suspension with King Triple Bypass Shocks
EVO Rear Rockstops with brackets and Bumps
EVO Sway Bar links
EVO Brakelines
EVO JK High Steer Kit for a D60
PSC Ram assist system with EVO Ram Mount Kit
EVO High Clearance Long Arm Kit
Poison Spyder Extreme Duty Trans Mount Crossmember
JE Reel Front 1350 Driveshaft
JE Reel Rear 1410 Driveshaft
ARB Compressor with SPOD kit for the lockers
EVO Rockskin
EVO Tire Carrier
EVO 4 door rockskins
PSC Front and Rear Crusher Flares
17" ATX Slab 8 Lug Wheels
40" Nitto Trail Grapplers
Rock Hard Cage
PSC JK C Pillar Kit
EVO Rocksliders
EVO 1/4 Pounder Front Bumper
EVO Stinger
EVO ProTek Complete Skid System

I spoke with Drew at ORE on Thursday and all the King parts are done, the axles are ready to go. Im Hitting the road from Houston to Fullerton tomorrow morning. 1510 miles and the RE-BUILD begins Monday. More pics to follow....

Last edited:

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Can't wait to see the finished product, but I think you should have been more willing to spend a few bucks on your build.

:cheesy:

hunterbilt

Probably WAY overkill if the plans were just Houston...but the planned real world "use" scenarios extend far beyond the flats of East Texas.

I was about to say lol. Ive been to Houston many times and haven't ever seen anywhere that would need anything close to this set up lol. Your rig looks awesome and will be amazing when it comes back home.

SmokinV10

Caught the Bug
So are those spyderlocks and 37's gonna be in the for sale section?:yup:

They were and I have buyers with deposits on most of the take off parts. Going to have an epic shit ton of parts to unload in Southern California in a few weeks.

SmokinV10

Caught the Bug
Made it all the way to El Paso (El Shithole) tonight. Stared at 770 miles of straight roads and nothingness and I'm still in Texas. SoCal tomorrow.

Top Bottom