Nom jeepers driving jeeps.

JKsix

Just drove from my house to the shop and passed by and waved to 5 wranglers.... I only got one wave back. It sucks to see the jeep culture being invaded by non jeepers who buy them to look cool. I dont know, maybe it's just me.

FloggingMommy

Indeed the 4d opened the market to a lot of new customers that are not your typical Jeepers. From what I understand, that expanded market plus the 2012 upgrades is what saved Jeep's a$$ during the US auto crisis. So I guess soccer moms are good for something.

Also don't be so hard on us noobs. Folks like me bought a Jeep for all the right reasons, but was never warned that fellow Jeepers could be so clickey. It's not like we were handed the "social guide to Jeeps" at the dealership. Give us a little time, after a month of wondering why people keep waving at us, we'll catch on. Well, most of us. We'll get our pennies saved for our dream mods and buy our kids 5-point booster seats. We'll become just as addicted as the next guy and start stalking forums like this. Haha. Maybe this isn't such a good thing. Ha. Guess it is what it is.

ibrown3005

It is frustrating to drive around waving all day and have so many waves not returned. I subscribe to a couple of forums and have read several different threads about the Jeep wave. I have read many different opinions, TJ, YJ, vs. JK. I've heard people talk about not returning a wave if it comes from a JK or a four door. I just bought a 2011 JKU. It is my first Jeep in twenty years. I really miss my old CJ. Just my .02 but a Jeep is a Jeep. I wave at a Wrangler be it TJ, YJ, CJ, or JK. My wife gets a chuckle out of it every time I tell her "It's a Jeep thing. "

JKsix

ibrown3005 said:
It is frustrating to drive around waving all day and have so many waves not returned. I subscribe to a couple of forums and have read several different threads about the Jeep wave. I have read many different opinions, TJ, YJ, vs. JK. I've heard people talk about not returning a wave if it comes from a JK or a four door. I just bought a 2011 JKU. It is my first Jeep in twenty years. I really miss my old CJ. Just my .02 but a Jeep is a Jeep. I wave at a Wrangler be it TJ, YJ, CJ, or JK. My wife gets a chuckle out of it every time I tell her "It's a Jeep thing. "

Yea I wave at any and all wranglers but with the newer JKs it seems to be lost in translation.

Top Bottom