Serious leak problem in 2014 JK U

Sourek

Took my JK out to Rausch Creek last week and had a serious water leak issue. This is the second time it's happened. After the first, I took the car to the dealer but they said everything is working fine for normal situations. The problem is this isn't my first wrangler, and every time I've taken them into water (less deep than I've been with this one) I never had any issues. I contacted jeep corporate directly, and they asked me to take it back to service and that they'll have a case manager try to resolve the problem for me, but I feel doubtful anyone will help me once they figure out the leak doesn't happen during rain, but rather when in a water hole. Anyways, here is a picture of the situation. As anyone can see, its not exactly a trickle, anyone have any ideas on what I should do with the dealer or if I should just stuff silicon or foam in there myself.

2014-07-17 10.57.51.jpg

Last edited:

Kavanji

somewhere someone at the factory forgot to seal a cavity or a seam. this is not normal. compare your jeep to a friends jeep in that area. i'm sure you will find some sealant missing on yours

Sourek

somewhere someone at the factory forgot to seal a cavity or a seam. this is not normal. compare your jeep to a friends jeep in that area. i'm sure you will find some sealant missing on yours

That's my guess as well which makes the fact that the dealer wasn't cooperative all the more frustrating.

Top Bottom