Can You Really Call the Fiat Panda 'Badass'?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Just read an article on Jalopnik by Damon Lavrinc where he seems to think that the Fiat Panda is pretty badass. Of course with the very real likelihood that the new Jeep BU Renegade will share a lot of DNA with it, let's hear what you think...

​Nothing Named 'Panda' Should Be This Badass
ivzbcbpi2oyv6kursaqp.jpg

We're unabashed Fiat Panda fans. Máté even claims the 4x4 variant is the best modern small car on the planet. And now there's this: The Fiat Panda Cross, a beefier version of the 4x4 that packs more off-road gizmos than a mid-90s Land Rover and a turbocharged 875cc engine.

Compared to the standard 4x4, the Cross is about 10mm higher with oversized tires, new front and rear ends, and even a front skid plate with a pair of exposed tow hooks poking out. A torque-vectoring all-wheel-drive system pulls power from a six-speed auto 'box with a crawler first gear, while stability control, an electronic locking diff, and hill descent control keep things stuck to the ground. And while power is normally delivered to the front wheels, 100 percent of the torque can be sent to the rear.

There are two engine choices: a 1.3-liter MultiJet with 80 hp or the aforementioned 875cc mill (Fiat calls it a 0.9) putting out 90 hp and 107 lb-ft. P

Even with steel underbody shields spanning front to rear, the Panda Cross comes in at just over 2,400 pounds, and loaded up with all the good bits, the price is still under £16,000. We want, but maybe in more subtle burnt orange.P

mvyphovrwxlfd4l1lstk.jpg

ypshvszogivemh0eifvc.jpg

You can see the whole article on Jalopnik here:
http://jalopnik.com/nothing-named-panda-should-be-this-badass-1607481130

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Its flexing on a rock... about the size of my shoe. Definitely bad ass. :D

2014 JKUR

trailless

Caught the Bug
It's a neat car. I'm assuming it'll do well on dirt roads and snow. Also, with a 1L engine and only weighing 2500lbs, I'm assuming it'll be a gas sipper.

I'm interested in the AWD system that can send 100% of the power to the rear. :thumb:

Zstairlessone

Looks like between 6 and maybe being generous 7 inches of clearance to the skids, probably 5 or so to the low points. I was looking for the crane that set it down on the rocks there :eek:

SDG

Caught the Bug
attachment.php

I ran over a rock bigger than that in the parking lot at Sur La Table today!!!! yuppie malls are getting rough...

GCM 2

It is all subjective.....

.....just like ride quality is subjective. Badass'ness is also subjective. I submit to you "item #1" as evidence

Russ trying so, so hard, but still not even close to what a Panda's capabilities are ;) Pandas ARE badass!

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1383286332.926622.jpg

Top Bottom