Slip yoke eliminator/transfer case

Tainted_JK

So finally gettin a second jeep... :D YAAAA!!! 2000 TJ stock & unmolested. Please excuse my ignorance from here on out.. I plan on putting a 4" lift on.. My question is, if i buy & install the sye do i still need ta also get the lowering kit for transfer case... Can som1 give me some insite on this please.. :confused: Also any recommendations on on a lift.. Lookin at the 4" Skyjacker from 4wd or the 4" Zone offroad kit from krawl works rite now.. Jus cause it fits my budget currently.. Thanks in advance.. JEEP WAVE!!

Sent from my SGH-S959G using WAYALIFE mobile app

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I don't know much about TJ's but I remember reason that the sye is the way to go over the transfer case drop. The transfer case drop will negate the lift you just put on and eliminate the clearance.

Exactly .. One you the other. SYE/driveshaft and control arms to set pinion angle.
TC drop is just a inexpensive way to lower the driveshaft angle.

Tainted_JK

Exactly .. One you the other. SYE/driveshaft and control arms to set pinion angle.
TC drop is just a inexpensive way to lower the driveshaft angle.

Great.. Thanks so much ta u n cozdude .. I've heard sooo many different things n wasn't sure.. Any suggestions on lift.. Long or short arm..

Armydog

I just got rid of the TC drop on my TJ (Pumpkin). It had to go. The plate was like a shovel, scooped up or got got caught on everything. Do the SYE and a double cardan drive shaft. Adjustable upper rear control arms to set the pinion angle and your good to go.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app.......

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
As mentioned, the whole point of dropping the transfer case is to help reduce the angle placed on the rear drive shaft after installing a tall lift. Without it, you would have sever drive line vibrations. Of course, the better way to address this problem is to install an SYE and CV drive shaft and adjustable rear upper control arms to set your pinion angle. If you do the later, it's all you need.

Armydog

As mentioned, the whole point of dropping the transfer case is to help reduce the angle placed on the rear drive shaft after installing a tall lift. Without it, you would have sever drive line vibrations. Of course, the better way to address this problem is to install an SYE and CV drive shaft and adjustable rear upper control arms to set your pinion angle. If you do the later, it's all you need.

Yup, what he said.....

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app.......

Tainted_JK

You might need something like this or you're going to have clearance issues
http://www.quadratec.com/products/16007_008.htm

So i should do this w my lift..as far as the front.. new track bar, drop pitman arm or won't have ta worry bout it since only goin 4"... Thanks for the help everyone...:D:thumbup: this is wat i was lookin at lift wise..

Attachments

• 1406003901812.jpg
    1406003901812.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 48
Top Bottom