Tgreenwood's Arctic JKU Build

tgreenwood

I've been saving for awhile to do this build and even though it doesn't come close to anything on here I still thought I would share. Being a nursing student and working as a server, these coilover lifts just aren't in the cards for me at the moment, therefore I settled with the teraflex 2.5 coil lift and 35 inch Toyo Open Country AT II tires. I put the smittybilt oversized tire carrier on until I save for a rear bumper with the swing out carrier. I have never done a lift before but this one seemed pretty straight forward. I used a couple jacks and jack stands and mostly hand tools. It took me and one other person about 5 hours to do front and back. Much more mods to come as time and money allow but here is the start!

Before
photo 1.jpg photo 3.jpg
After
photo 4.jpg photo 09.jpg photo 010.jpg photo 07.jpg

Stegertime

Caught the Bug
Great work here! I'm in the exact same bucket, did the exact same mod last weekend and had same results, 5hrs, hand tools and jack. Feels great doing it yourself right? I did the smithy carrier as we'll and wrapped mine in 35 Toyo Open Country MTs. Cheers to tall and stacked vs hella flush!

Stegertime

Caught the Bug
Just saw you're in Orange, Ca. I'm in Redondo. Let me know if you ever wanna go run some trails. You going to the suds and grub tonight? I'll be there

tgreenwood

Great work here! I'm in the exact same bucket, did the exact same mod last weekend and had same results, 5hrs, hand tools and jack. Feels great doing it yourself right? I did the smithy carrier as we'll and wrapped mine in 35 Toyo Open Country MTs. Cheers to tall and stacked vs hella flush!

Much more satisfying doing it yourself! I was going to go with the Toyo MT or the Nitto Trail Grappler but I got a good deal on these AT IIs. These tires were on national backorder for this size. A tire shop in yorba linda found a set and price matched the 4 Wheel Parts online price. Couldn't ask for anything more than that, haha. Plus they're a bit lighter and they have a great tread warranty. Best looking all terrain tire out there.

And I didn't know about the suds and grub tonight. I'll have to find the link and check that out, I've been trying to get out to one of those meet ups!

tgreenwood

It's been awhile since I updated this but thanks to smokeyV10, I picked up this rugged ridge bumper from ORE. I love the look of a stubby. Also came with the front skid plate. Heading over to get the wheels mounted later today. I went with the Standard, Method Race Wheels. I'll post some pics a little later. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1407863526.320714.jpg

Top Bottom