Ball Joint question.

Berzerker

Supporting Advertiser TrailJeeps
I was at my local Firestone have a quick rotation done, and the tech said to " we noticed some wear on the driver side front tire." He then told me that that means the ball joints are starting to go. I do know that unusual wear can be a by-product of failing ball joints. I won't be able to test the ball joints till I get back home. So, with all that said, my question is, if my ball joints are starting to go will I be able to make them last till the 1st of the year? The only reason I'm asking is because if I do install new ball joints, phase 3 of my build will be put on considerable hold.

utiadam

LOSER
Why will replacing ball joints set you back that much? Maybe do some cheaper ones or synergy instead of dynatrac ones in the meantime.

Berzerker

Yea I could an extra $200 or so. I was just trying to see how fast they would go once they started to. As it stands right now I'm on track for: rear bumper and tire carrier, extended bump stops, king 2.5 adjustables, re gear, 37 12.50x 5, and a cb. Every time a add something to that list I feel the Department of Household Security breathing down my neck lol. Thanks guys.

mattfl

Yea I could an extra $200 or so. I was just trying to see how fast they would go once they started to. As it stands right now I'm on track for: rear bumper and tire carrier, extended bump stops, king 2.5 adjustables, re gear, 37 12.50x 5, and a cb. Every time a add something to that list I feel the Department of Household Security breathing down my neck lol. Thanks guys.

You're spending close to 5k and you're worried about another hundred bucks or so?

Berzerker

Well, being that I'm out of the country they will have to be installed by a shop. With quotes between $530-$600.

Top Bottom