Antenna Help

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
I recently purchased the RedRock 4x4 Off-Road 13 in. Shorty Antenna from Extreme Terrain. However when I went to install in on my JK and the thread diameter is too narrow for the stalk antenna mount. So I called them up and they said they ordered the wrong dimensions, and it has happened to a lot of other people so they credited my money back and gave me the product for free. But now I cant seem to find the antenna attachment hardware anywhere so that I can actually use it. I am wondering if anyone knows were I can find this piece so that I don't have to purchase a whole new antenna?

photo 1 (1).JPG photo 2 (1).JPG photo 3.JPG

JAGS

Hooked
I recently purchased the RedRock 4x4 Off-Road 13 in. Shorty Antenna from Extreme Terrain. However when I went to install in on my JK and the thread diameter is too narrow for the stalk antenna mount. So I called them up and they said they ordered the wrong dimensions, and it has happened to a lot of other people so they credited my money back and gave me the product for free. But now I cant seem to find the antenna attachment hardware anywhere so that I can actually use it. I am wondering if anyone knows were I can find this piece so that I don't have to purchase a whole new antenna?

View attachment 92781 View attachment 92782 View attachment 92783

I'd make them send you a free project JK sticker for your troubles. Oh wait. :grayno:

As for the part, not sure...

liljohn850

View attachment 92781 View attachment 92782 View attachment 92783

you can just snip some off of your stock antenna, or you can ditch that one and order a cheapy from amazon.. but as for the part, check out an auto parts store. or radioshack

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
you can just snip some off of your stock antenna, or you can ditch that one and order a cheapy from amazon.. but as for the part, check out an auto parts store. or radioshack

I have tried O'Rielly's and Auto Zone as well as Radiosack and none of them seem to have anything.
I was afraid I'm going to have to ditch it. Not a big deal, I was just hoping I could find something since I got this for free. I haven't heard of anyone snipping some of the stock antenna, does this really work?

JLearie

I have cut my antenna down. I noticed very little change in reception.

I hate sports cars, they scratch my diffs.

StrictlyWranglers

You could check thread pitches/sizes at HomeDepot and then expand your search to online if need be. HomeDepot, Lowes, RadioShack, a local hardware store - something should exist in one of those places.

If not http://www.mcmaster.com would likely have something too - you just have to know threads/sizes and search :crazyeyes:

Tree Frog

Just another place to try if you really want to run it, is to check out a big truck stop. They have got all sorts of weird stuff for radios and CB's.

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
You could check thread pitches/sizes at HomeDepot and then expand your search to online if need be. HomeDepot, Lowes, RadioShack, a local hardware store - something should exist in one of those places.

If not http://www.mcmaster.com would likely have something too - you just have to know threads/sizes and search :crazyeyes:

Thats the other thing that makes this frustrating.
one side is metric (for the antenna) and the other is standard (for the Jeep). the jeeps diameter for the antenna is (5/16-18). the hardware supplied with the antenna: screws into the jeep (1/4-20); screws into the antenna (M6x1.0)

I have tried all the stores listed as well as auto shops and i can't find anything. my search online has only led me in a better direction, but still haven't found anything that will work.

I might just have to throw in the towel on this one and get a whole new antenna. Or chop my factor one, which sounds like it works pretty well.

Top Bottom