rattle noise on acceleration

JP'SJK

I have a 08 wrangler 6 speed with 47k. On acceleration it has a rattle noise around 2000 rpm any help on what it could be is greatly appreciated thanks every one

2013CGJKU

I have a 08 wrangler 6 speed with 47k. On acceleration it has a rattle noise around 2000 rpm any help on what it could be is greatly appreciated thanks every one

More than likely it's a heat shield somewhere. That 2000 rpm range has the perfect resonance for that heat shield to vibrate like a mofo.

Levi

2013 CG JKU 6-speed

Munday

I have recently started getting a similar vibration sound around the same RPM's .... Figure this is what it is as well just have not gotten under to have a look.

Mikead40

Had a similar issue a while back - check the section of your exhaust where it crosses over from passenger to driver side. There is a crossmember there that gets bent upwards fairly easily and may contact the exhaust when the system starts vibrating at the right frequency/amplitude (hence the association with a particular RPM).

JP'SJK

Thanks for all the info gonna check all heat shields as soon as i get time. Its my daily driver and with working all the time its hard to catch it cool enough to touch.

Top Bottom