Oil changes and how often ?

steve_r2

How often do people change respective oils ?
Here in Dubai its recommended every 5000kms on dino oil or 10k on synthetic.
I was wondering though how often people change gear/transfer/diff dependent on how hard they wheel and how often and in what conditions.
Mine is due to be done for the upcoming off road season (too damned hot now)so was just interested in other peoples thoughts.

ZuidJK

Here in Canada I always do oil every 5000km I don't know what your drivers manual recommends in Dubai but I imagine it can't be too far off that..as for diff fluid I think 40000 km is recommended however with the modifications I haven't yet made it to 40000 km I end up draining and inspecting a few times a year...transfer case fluid I think is recommended every 100000 km change.

Grandos

I usually do them 5k with synthetic for the engine. However i doubt I'll need to change it ever since it burns enough to keep it clean all the time. :/

2014 Public Relations officer - Dion C [o|||||||o]

jeeeep

Hooked
I change my oil every 6000 and also rotate the tires.
I have an automatic and I change the trans fluid if I've been doing a lot of heavy towing or mountain trips since I do keep overdrive locked out and tend to push it pretty hard.
differentials I change if I've been doing a lot of water crossings otherwise I follow the recommended schedule.
I get a little OCD about trans and oil but it's served me well as I approach 100,000 miles on my 2010.

Top Bottom