Hitch on a jk

Sugarbear

Anyone still using the factory hitch my jeep didn't come with one I was gonna get a bumper with a receiver but I'm short on cash and need to tow a trailer but I'm worried the stock hitch will be an anchor when I go wheeling

4x4Jesus

Caught the Bug
I'm still running the stock hitch, it's pretty short and doesn't stick out much. Also the bottom is very flat so it pretty much slides over anything that it hits.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I have a factory hitch and have beat the hell out of it. It is bent upwards a little bit but not really an issue.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I have my hitch on for two years while wheeling. It takes a hit on the rocks really well. Still is straight. It's not a factory hitch btw

jeeeep

Hooked
still have factory hitch on my 2010, it's taken its share of abuse but no issues and I still tow a trailer
I also had a spare tire slider made to fit in the hitch so when I'm wheeling if happen to drop off any ledges the slider protects the spare from hitting.

MI jeepskate

i got one through quadratec with the harness for like $70 and it only took about 20 minutes to install. works perfectly

GuillaumeC91

i got one through quadratec with the harness for like $70 and it only took about 20 minutes to install. works perfectly

I've been wondering about those for a while. I figure not much can go wrong with them, but there good? No signs of fatigue or anything? I saw online that Curt made one that looked identical but was meant for class 3 instead of class 2. It's obviously more expensive but I don't know if it's worth it.

Don't follow me, I'm lost too! O|||||||O

brooklyn4x4

I never had a problem with mine but I got a new bumper with one built in so my old one is up for sale if anyone is interested send me a pm

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
I'm running a stock JKUR so I've beat the crap outta the underside of the vehicle and that includes the stock hitch. It does a great job of towing and protecting the cheap rear bumper. I highly recommend it.:thumb::thumb:

Top Bottom