Ripp super charger problem

2k13jk

I need help asap just installed a ripp super charger on my 13 jk everything went good tried starting it wouldnt start with ripp map sensor plugged in i unplugged it it will start it wont boost also it cuts out the etc red lightning bolt is on on the dash i need help

Sent from my SM-G900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
I need help asap just installed a ripp super charger on my 13 jk everything went good tried starting it wouldnt start with ripp map sensor plugged in i unplugged it it will start it wont boost also it cuts out the etc red lightning bolt is on on the dash i need help

Not trying to be a dick. But have you called RIPP?

2014 JKUR

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Edit. Ive read nothing but great reviews on their customer service when I was looking into thier products. Which is why I asked if you've called them.

2014 JKUR

2k13jk

I tried there closed and arent open till tomorrow i need to drive ot to work tomorrow

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
I tried there closed and arent open till tomorrow i need to drive ot to work tomorrow

Damn. I really wish I could help more. Are you close to any rental car places? That could be a fix for at least tomorrow. Also try "lyft" from you app store (if you are in rhe states and they have it in your area)

2014 JKUR

2k13jk

I wish i can drive it not entering boost but cuts out with out it

JK12

Can you just install the factory map sensor and factory tune? Then run the factory belt without the super charger
I believe they said you can do that. That will atleast get you to work till you can call.

2k13jk

It runs without the ripp map sensor installed and the pentastar its alot harder to run it without the belt its more involved then the 3.8

2k13jk

so after speaking with ripp and diablo the map sensor is not the issue i got the new tune from diablo still wont start with the map sensor plugged in and when i try to upload anew tune to the diablo its telling me the tuner is full and no room for storage ripp wants me to send them the current logs and the tunes to see what the vehicles doing but i cant because the vehicle wont run and cant read the map sensor with the tune on the diablo at this point im very disappointed with the "plug and play" of this kit i am going to have to get a custom tune from a tuner by me that deals with these tunes

2013CGJKU

so after speaking with ripp and diablo the map sensor is not the issue i got the new tune from diablo still wont start with the map sensor plugged in and when i try to upload anew tune to the diablo its telling me the tuner is full and no room for storage ripp wants me to send them the current logs and the tunes to see what the vehicles doing but i cant because the vehicle wont run and cant read the map sensor with the tune on the diablo at this point im very disappointed with the "plug and play" of this kit i am going to have to get a custom tune from a tuner by me that deals with these tunes

It sounds like connection or a shot map sensor to me. A tuner won't be able to do anything for you if it doesn't run.

Levi

2013 CG JKU 6-speed

Batman

It might be a tuning problem with the 3.6, magnuson is having tuning issues. What I would do is first try to return stock tune back to jeep then update tool from your PC .Then try to upload new tune to your diablo if it don't work then just bypass the blower and use stock tune injectors and belt till they figured it out

2013CGJKU

It might be a tuning problem with the 3.6, magnuson is having tuning issues. What I would do is first try to return stock tune back to jeep then update tool from your PC .Then try to upload new tune to your diablo if it don't work then just bypass the blower and use stock tune injectors and belt till they figured it out

If the tune is so far off that it won't even idle. Remove it and throw it away and run. The pentastar has been out for waaaaay too long to still be having that kind of an issue. Not the kind of operation I would want to be involved with when I am gambling the money on the system plus the money for a motor.

Levi

2013 CG JKU 6-speed

Batman

If the tune is so far off that it won't even idle. Remove it and throw it away and run. The pentastar has been out for waaaaay too long to still be having that kind of an issue. Not the kind of operation I would want to be involved with when I am gambling the money on the system plus the money for a motor.

Levi

2013 CG JKU 6-speed

Well magnacharger stopped selling there kits cos of tuning problems don't know what the problem is but yeh I wouldn't run it till I'm sure what the problem is?? To me it sounds like the anti theft system is cutting off fuel or something

2k13jk

Well i can run the jeep with the map sensor unplugged but in it wont start while plugged in im really pissed about all this

2k13jk

If anyone on here knows a tuner on or near long islandplease pm me

2k13jk

Yes they aant a copy of my current tune on the diablo but the diablo wont let me access it

2013CGJKU

Well i can run the jeep with the map sensor unplugged but in it wont start while plugged in im really pissed about all this

So then, let's use our heads... you plug in their map sensor - it won't run. You unplug their map sensor - it will run.

Do you really believe the manufacturer of a product, (that has grenaded multiple motors already) that it isn't their product that's causing the issue?

Like I said before. If their tune is so far off that it won't even run, why on earth would you trust their idea of a tune through your entire power band?

Levi

2013 CG JKU 6-speed

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Yes they aant a copy of my current tune on the diablo but the diablo wont let me access it

Aant = sent? So there is a problem with your tuner not the supercharger itself? Are they sending you a new one?

2014 JKUR

2k13jk

At this point ive sent mulitple emails to both ripp and diablo im waiting on a response if they dont get the tune straight or running right i am going to a local authorized ripp dealer tune on there dime if it doesnt work i will then request a full refund

Top Bottom