LED Fog Light Options

LoPo

Caught the Bug
One of my OEM fog lights finally burnt out after 7+ years of use. I do use and like my fog lights. I'd like to get LED's to reduce power and color match my Truck-Lites, but would really like to avoid spending $3-400 on something like Vision X, JW Speaker, or the Rigid Kit...or $600+ for the Baja Designs kit. Based on the install requirements of the Truck Lite fog kit, they won't work with my bumper. I found a set of bulbs for $90 on Rebel's site but can't tell who makes them, but from the pics, they appear weaker than OEM and similar to cheap imports you can find on Amazon for $5-15.

Anyone have any other suggestions?

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Smokinv10 is selling jw speaker fogs for like $170. They are going to be at ORE. He said no shipping but maybe you can work a deal out with him since it would be a small package and easy for him to ship and transport when he picks his jeep up.

LoPo

Caught the Bug
Smokinv10 is selling jw speaker fogs for like $170. They are going to be at ORE. He said no shipping but maybe you can work a deal out with him since it would be a small package and easy for him to ship and transport when he picks his jeep up.

Thanks, yeah Jags PM'd me about that. I have a buddy that is real close to ORE that I could probably use as a back up plan if Smokin won't ship on my dime.

I PM'd Smokin. Still looking at alternatives if that doesn't work out.

07JKSahara

I'm interested in this too. I want Truck lites but also want to match the fogs if possible. And im not crazy about the square D2s in the round holes.

LoPo

Caught the Bug
I'm interested in this too. I want Truck lites but also want to match the fogs if possible. And im not crazy about the square D2s in the round holes.

From what I read on the TL website, their Fogs require the OEM bumper and actually mount to the front and aren't recessed. If I read that correctly, seems like a non-starter for most Jeep owners that wheel.

MTG

Caught the Bug
One of my OEM fog lights finally burnt out after 7+ years of use. I do use and like my fog lights. I'd like to get LED's to reduce power and color match my Truck-Lites, but would really like to avoid spending $3-400 on something like Vision X, JW Speaker, or the Rigid Kit...or $600+ for the Baja Designs kit. Based on the install requirements of the Truck Lite fog kit, they won't work with my bumper. I found a set of bulbs for $90 on Rebel's site but can't tell who makes them, but from the pics, they appear weaker than OEM and similar to cheap imports you can find on Amazon for $5-15.

Anyone have any other suggestions?

I have my factory front bumper with fogs still if you just want to replace it.

LoPo

Caught the Bug
I have my factory front bumper with fogs still if you just want to replace it.

hrm... I may take you up on that. :thumb: Let me see if the 2012+ OEM bulbs are compatible with my old 2007 Junk.

BBrown626

I recently installed trucklites headlights and inspired-engineering revolver fog lights. The light color is a great match. The flood pattern revolvers have fantastic spread and very good output. They are not acceptable in traffic though. I bought them for off-road use since the trucklites are plenty on the road. The revolvers fit into the OEM fog location and come with plug-n-play wiring that was plenty long enough to reach the lights in my LoD mid-width bumper. Now I am debating installing them in my rear bumper too!

http://www.inspired-engineering.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=IE-Jkrevolver

They usually have a discount code.

Last edited:

RJEEPO

Thanks for the pics Ducky. Unfortunately that place wants $46 in shipping to here WTH! Amazon Prime to the rescue. Crossing fingers on Putcos.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Based on the install requirements of the Truck Lite fog kit, they won't work with my bumper.

i didnt even know truck lite had fog lights. i might have to check it out since my Ruggid Ridge bumper allowed me to use the factory fog light housing.

07JKSahara

Thanks for the pics Ducky. Unfortunately that place wants $46 in shipping to here WTH! Amazon Prime to the rescue. Crossing fingers on Putcos.

Let me know how the Putcos are. I looked all around and see wide price swings. The ones I'm almost settled on are on amazon as well.

Last edited:

07JKSahara

Did you get these Putcos yet? Wondering how they are. Thinking about the 30w cree from xenon depot.

LoPo

Caught the Bug
Did you get these Putcos yet? Wondering how they are. Thinking about the 30w cree from xenon depot.

Just keep in mind, the xenon depots are rated at 725 lumens "total output" I don't know if that is per bulb for total for both bulbs. The Sylvania OEM replacement is rated at 800 Lumens per bulb.

I might try these EiKO ones H1042CVSU-BP from Amazon, $14.

The have 840 Lumens and are at 4100k temperature and pretty cheap.

chris h.

I'm gonna try this, my trucklites should be here today.

This is what I did to match my truck lites:

http://www.kbcarstuff.com/5202-H16-9009-XenonDepot-LED-Fog-Light-Bulbs-p/xd-5202-led.htm

All you have to do is slice one of the alignment pins with a razor blade. I am pretty happy with the results, the 6000k match perfectly, and under $50, I'm in. View attachment 93108

View attachment 93109

This is what they looked like before.....
View attachment 93110

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app. -Swany

Top Bottom