On board air

Devallee

I'm planning on getting a train horn for the Jeep which requires a compressor and air tank. I figured since I'll already have it in the jeep I might as well plan ahead for OBA. The horn kit I want comes with a Viair 280 compressor and a 2 gallon tank. They have upgrade options for a 5 gallon tank and bigger compressors, but I know nothing about compressors. My question is, if I wanted to run air tools and/or air up my tires (35s, eventually 37s) what size (sorry if that's not the proper term) compressor would I need? And I'm gonna assume the 2 gallon tank is too small as well? Would I be better off with the 5? Any input is welcome since I'm totally new to the OBA thing. However if you believe the 280 compressor and 2 gallon tank will suffice that would be nice since that's the cheaper option. But I'm open to better options if worth the money

I'm planning on getting a train horn for the Jeep which requires a compressor and air tank. I figured since I'll already have it in the jeep I might as well plan ahead for OBA. The horn kit I want comes with a Viair 280 compressor and a 2 gallon tank. They have upgrade options for a 5 gallon tank and bigger compressors, but I know nothing about compressors. My question is, if I wanted to run air tools and/or air up my tires (35s, eventually 37s) what size (sorry if that's not the proper term) compressor would I need? And I'm gonna assume the 2 gallon tank is too small as well? Would I be better off with the 5? Any input is welcome since I'm totally new to the OBA thing. However if you believe the 280 compressor and 2 gallon tank will suffice that would be nice since that's the cheaper option. But I'm open to better options if worth the money

What you need to look at is the volume of air CFM which I believe is cubic feet per minute. Certain tools require specific air volumes to run.

R/
Will

Ducky

Advertiser - Motech Representative
Viair 480C ..... Trust me, get a small tank, runs 200 psi it will still take 4 mins to go from 8 to 32 psi on a 17x12.50x37 trail grappler. But it is a good pump for the $, just my .02

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1406328550.618972.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app. -Swany

Top Bottom