3-year-old in diapers crashes Jeep

Rccrwlr

And in the local news today there is a report of the newest WOL member in training!!!

Police: 3-year-old in diapers crashes Jeep
Updated: 7:30 AM July 25, 2014
Myrtle Creek, OR (KPTV)

View Large
A 3-year-old boy is accused of climbing into a Jeep, knocking it out of gear, crashing into a nearby house and then running home to watch cartoons.

An officer noticed a small boy in a Jeep Wrangler by himself in Myrtle Creek, Oregon.

After about five minutes and not seeing any adults, the officer approached the child and asked about his parents. The boy said his parents weren't home, but another relative was asleep in the house, according to a Myrtle Creek police report.

Police contacted the relative, identified as 22-year-old Brennan Pennington, and alerted her to the fact that the child had the keys in the Jeep and was able to get inside the vehicle.

Police said the officer issued a warning to Pennington. The family, however, said that wasn't the case.

The boy's aunt and owner of the Jeep, Amy Mayberry, told Fox 12 on Thursday night that the child never had the keys, because they were inside the home the whole time and never within his reach.

She said the boy got into the vehicle while Pennington was in the bathroom.

At about 7:30 p.m., police were called back to the scene on reports of a Jeep crashing into a house.

Investigators said the 3-year-old again got into the Jeep, only this time he knocked it out of gear. Witnesses reported seeing the Jeep traveling down the street, through an intersection, up over a curb, through a yard and into a house.

The boy then got out, wearing only a diaper, and ran home, according to Myrtle Creek police.

The officer arrived at the child's home and said the boy was on the couch watching cartoons, "as if nothing had ever happened."

Mayberry said the whole thing was simply a big accident. She said the jeep was parked on an incline and when the boy got inside and was playing around, he knocked the manual transmission into neutral, causing the vehicle to coast down the road and into a home.

Nobody was injured.

Police said the family made a "civil compromise" with the homeowner regarding the damage to the house. Pennington was cited on the charge of failing to supervise a child, according to police.

--rccrwlr
".....and that's it baby!"

2013CGJKU

So, the kid didn't have the keys because they were inside the whole time... even though the officer observed the child in the Jeep with the keys for 5 minutes before alerting the family. THEN... They let the kid do it again and he smashes into a house! Definitely going to be a Jeep owner some day, he's got the persistence to keep a Jeep running.

But his parents... smh.

Levi

2013 CG JKU 6-speed

Rccrwlr

So, the kid didn't have the keys because they were inside the whole time... even though the officer observed the child in the Jeep with the keys for 5 minutes before alerting the family. THEN... They let the kid do it again and he smashes into a house! Definitely going to be a Jeep owner some day, he's got the persistence to keep a Jeep running.

But his parents... smh.

Levi

2013 CG JKU 6-speed

I know right?!

--rccrwlr

dcbjk

Caught the Bug
That's hilarious but hey he's solved one part of his life he's got em a Jeep already :D

StrizzyChris

DEAR LORD!!! Do they ever watch their children?!?!?! I completely understand the kid slipping outside or a fluke event, no one can have an eye on them 24/7....but I would sure as hell be on that kid like a hawk(at least for the next few days/weeks) and certainly be locking up my Jeep like Fort Knox! :idontknow: :banghead:

Tree Frog

Did no one notice the 3 year old in Diapers part. WTF is a 3 year old still doing in diapers? Probably because Mommy and Daddy cant get off the meth pipe long enough to properly raise this child.
We call this area "South County" it is just full of dirtbags and losers.
Come to think of it Roseburg aint much better.

Also something wrong with the story about it going into neutral so easy. My last Jeep was a manual and you had to depress the clutch and turn on the key in order to get the shift lever to move.

Anybody wanna bet the little guy is back out playing in the Jeep again?

Armydog

Did no one notice the 3 year old in Diapers part. WTF is a 3 year old still doing in diapers? Probably because Mommy and Daddy cant get off the meth pipe long enough to properly raise this child.
We call this area "South County" it is just full of dirtbags and losers.
Come to think of it Roseburg aint much better.

Also something wrong with the story about it going into neutral so easy. My last Jeep was a manual and you had to depress the clutch and turn on the key in order to get the shift lever to move.

Anybody wanna bet the little guy is back out playing in the Jeep again?

^^^^^^^^^. What he said. ^^^^^^^^^

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app.......

TrailBear

If I don't lock my doors and keep my keys up my little guy would be trying to drive mine, he loves jeeps and tells me he is going to build an evoYJ when he gets older.

Crawler Kitty

If I don't lock my doors and keep my keys up my little guy would be trying to drive mine, he loves jeeps and tells me he is going to build an evoYJ when he gets older.

2 year olds love Jeeps too and big tires and Motocross boots...mind you he was within eyesight the whole time with a personal 13 year old babysitter (Panda's daughter) in a house full of Adults. Can't say I blame him! ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1406601714.525390.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1406601735.230842.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1406601748.764083.jpg

Rccrwlr

Crawler Kitty

I agree however the leave them without supervision is a bit, to quote my daughter, "Cra Cra"
View attachment 93521
Circa 2005

--rccrwlr

Too cute! And yes unsupervised is Cra Cra heck I can't leave Panda alone unsupervised too long. When I did he came home with the Jeep thank God he knows how to drive and is out of diapers! LOL

TrailBear

2 year olds love Jeeps too and big tires and Motocross boots...mind you he was within eyesight the whole time with a personal 13 year old babysitter (Panda's daughter) in a house full of Adults. Can't say I blame him! View attachment 93518 View attachment 93519 View attachment 93520

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1406730858.825189.jpg
My little guy is four, my little girl is almost two, they both yell jeep when we see any, I take friends and a family out all the time, they white knuckle it then see the kids grinning ear to ear hands in the air like its a roller coaster lol.

Top Bottom