Track Bar length - Raised Track Bar Bracket

turbineguy

While I was away working this week my mechanic (A jeep guy, but not a JK guy) installed a Synergy HD raised TB bracket, flipped drag link, and a Synergy Track Bar.

He said on the highest hole (Im assuming 3" raised), even at the shortest length the axle was still off center by a bit (1/2" to 1/4" maybe), so he used the next lower hole (2" raised I think).

I haven't seen it yet (flying home today), but assuming he is correct, will the 1" difference in height cause to much bump steer or should I have him raise it and deal with a slightly off center axle?

Supposedly the Synergy Track Bar adjusts to stock length... are there any Trackbars that adjust less than stock length?

My lift is supposedly 3.5". Prorock 44 front.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
I would do the top hole. A 1/4" isn't bad. I'm guessing he measured with no passengers and a empty jeep? Once you sit in it, full tank of gas, groceries or gear plus passengers it moves. And yes, the synergy track bar can go stock length.

turbineguy

I would do the top hole. A 1/4" isn't bad. I'm guessing he measured with no passengers and a empty jeep? Once you sit in it, full tank of gas, groceries or gear plus passengers it moves. And yes, the synergy track bar can go stock length.

That's what I was thinking.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using WAYALIFE mobile app

I don't know if you saw our post on the other forum. #1 the drag link and track bar need to run parallel with rather other or you'll induce bump steer.

I'll add to my post here. It is possible for a shop to weld the track bar bracket in the wrong position. I remember a post similar to yours. I don't remember what the outcome was ? He may have went with a shorter track bar like TF.

I have the same setup as you w/ more adjustment in.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
While I was away working this week my mechanic (A jeep guy, but not a JK guy) installed a Synergy HD raised TB bracket, flipped drag link, and a Synergy Track Bar.

He said on the highest hole (Im assuming 3" raised), even at the shortest length the axle was still off center by a bit (1/2" to 1/4" maybe), so he used the next lower hole (2" raised I think).

I haven't seen it yet (flying home today), but assuming he is correct, will the 1" difference in height cause to much bump steer or should I have him raise it and deal with a slightly off center axle?

Supposedly the Synergy Track Bar adjusts to stock length... are there any Trackbars that adjust less than stock length?

My lift is supposedly 3.5". Prorock 44 front.

Which way is your axle off center? Is it safe to assume based on what you are saying that it's off to the passenger side? Just want to make sure. Also, to be clear, your axle will ALWAYS be a little off center every time it moves. When you have your Jeep loaded up, it will shift one way. When you have it empty, it will shift the other way - it's just the nature of the beast being that our Jeeps run solid axles with a track bar. In other words, a slight shift one way or the other won't make a difference.

I don't know if you saw our post on the other forum. #1 the drag link and track bar need to run parallel with rather other or you'll induce bump steer.

Is that a fact? What "other forum" would that be? :naw:

turbineguy

Which way is your axle off center? Is it safe to assume based on what you are saying that it's off to the passenger side? Just want to make sure. Also, to be clear, your axle will ALWAYS be a little off center every time it moves. When you have your Jeep loaded up, it will shift one way. When you have it empty, it will shift the other way - it's just the nature of the beast being that our Jeeps run solid axles with a track bar. In other words, a slight shift one way or the other won't make a difference.

Is that a fact? What "other forum" would that be? :naw:

Not sure what side, but I called him and it was only 1/4" off, so I told him to move it up.

I was hoping you would reply, just wanted to confirm my thoughts.

Thanks!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Not sure what side, but I called him and it was 1/4" off, so I told him to move it up.

I was hoping you would reply, just wanted to confirm my thoughts.

Thanks!

If it's off to the driver side, that would be normal with a track bar that's on the short side. "Lengthening" your track bar or going to a higher hole should address that. If it's too much to the passenger side and your track bar is stock length, you don't have as much lift as you think you have. But really, it's no big deal. Either way, you'll want to have your track bar set to be parallel with your drag link.

turbineguy

If it's off to the driver side, that would be normal with a track bar that's on the short side. "Lengthening" your track bar or going to a higher hole should address that. If it's too much to the passenger side and your track bar is stock length, you don't have as much lift as you think you have. But really, it's no big deal. Either way, you'll want to have your track bar set to be parallel with your drag link.

I will confirm adjustment of track bar but it was because the track bar wouldnt go shorter. My jeep is on the heavy side, but considering Im short, a slightly shorter lift isn't terrible. No rubbing issues.

I think I might double check the height. Ive seen the Dynatrac reference sheet for my Prorock.

Appreciate the feedback.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I will confirm adjustment of track bar but it was because the track bar wouldnt go shorter. My jeep is on the heavy side, but considering Im short, a slightly shorter lift isn't terrible. No rubbing issues.

I think I might double check the height. Ive seen the Dynatrac reference sheet for my Prorock.

Appreciate the feedback.

Being on the short side would make the most sense and that would mean your axle is over to the passenger side. If you have your track bar set to stock length, I would just leave well enough alone and not worry about it :yup:

turbineguy

Being on the short side would make the most sense and that would mean your axle is over to the passenger side. If you have your track bar set to stock length, I would just leave well enough alone and not worry about it :yup:

Track bar Bracket was installed about 3/8" of an inch inboard. Mechanic said he would cut and reinstall if I wanted... is it worth it for 1/4"

Top Bottom