Dynomax exhaust

engineman1031

I have the dynomax evolution exhaust on my 09 JKR. Right now it's dumped at the axle but I'm debating if I want the tailpipe Anyone have an opinion on which would sound better? PA requires a tailpipe for inspections so I'll get one anyway just don't know if I should only leave it temporarily or permanent

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
On an 09 with it's 3.8L, I don't think the tailpipe will change the sound of it that much. If you can run it temporarily, I personally would as it can get in the way and get smashed when wheeling.

seanb123

I have the dynomax evolution exhaust on my 09 JKR. Right now it's dumped at the axle but I'm debating if I want the tailpipe Anyone have an opinion on which would sound better? PA requires a tailpipe for inspections so I'll get one anyway just don't know if I should only leave it temporarily or permanent

As a pa guy I know what you mean with the exhaust needing to out the back. I did the exhaust on mine we did run it dumped and it did sound a little bit better than with the muffler. I left it just because I paid good money for it. But if you like the sound you could get a cheap cherry bomb just for inspections

I'm about to install a Rancho branded exhaust today. The muffler sits before the axle but dumps out back "RS72002"
I can try and get a sound clip if it helps ?

That's if I don't destroy anything dealing with rust. Lol

Zstairlessone

I used to run short exhausts in cars and they droned inside but I didn't care. I haven't done anything to the Jeeps exhaust, but would route it over the axle housing, can't run side pipes like the old AMC V-8's as I would probably crush those now. How loud is it when just driving steady at slow speeds? If it is something that will beat you after an hour or two run it back, if not then just keep the back part for inspections.

Finished up. Sounds good. Not too loud.
The tires still bury out everything lol. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1406413373.591713.jpg

Track bar clearance is not looking heathy. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1406413410.625653.jpg

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door

As another PA guy I feel your pain. I have the dynomax rock crawler exhaust system. I basically is the tailpipe over the axle and dumps on the driver side. The muffler stays in the same place. For sound I'm not sure what yours sounds like but I imagine that the sounds isn't going to change to much as Wayalife mentioned.

Top Bottom