Truck Lites flicker

Jackal01

I took advantage of Northridge's Truck Lite promotion and bought both lights and the pulse modulation harness. Yesterday I had my budget boost installed and 35s so I use the procal to program the computer. While I was at it I activated the DRL low-beam option within the Procal which turns on the low-beams when out of park and without E-break on. Today on the road I noticed the driver side lamp flickering with no apparent pattern or cause.

Thoughts?

utiadam

LOSER
See if it does it in the auto position as well as on. I thought I read somewhere that when you switch to the on position the flicker goes away. I thought the pwm harness was supposed to eliminate all flicker though. Maybe bad harness on driver side?

Jackal01

See if it does it in the auto position as well as on

I don't understand this.

does it do it when you're stopped? maybe a dumb question, but is the light housing just loose?

Does it at anytime as long as the lights are on. I also tried the "turn signal" DRL which has the parking lights on...they did not flicker.

Perhaps the harness is bad but if it was wouldn't it do it all the time and not just when being used as DRLs.

holaCG

From the Procal manual:

Notes: When DRL is enabled, the specified location’s lamps will light when the vehicle is in gear. The lamp location options are Low Beams, Fog Lights and Turn Signals. The lamps are fed half the normal voltage (roughly 6V) and will not affect normal operation of the vehicle’s lights. The DRL function is not a replacement for nighttime vehicle lighting.

aqu6uqab.jpg

So the anti-flicker modules don't seem to be designed to even out the voltage at only 6 volts. Supposedly "European On" sends full voltage to all lights so they shouldn't flicker or you need to choose the fog or turn signal option to avoid flicker (if you don't have LEDs installed in those locations...). Good luck.

Jackal01

Right...I read that. I guess I thought the Truck Lites would still work as designed but it looks like they will not. I wish they would since I like DRLs and I do not always remember to turn them on. Oh well.

Jackal01

The light switch has off, parking lights on, headlights auto, and headlights on. See if it does it in the auto position as well as the on position.

I do not have auto; just off, parking and on. I have a 2011...was that not an option for 2011 Sports?

jeeeep

Hooked
i have had the same issue on my 2010 since I installed them about 4 months ago.. - driver side flickers. I unplugged the adapter and spread the male plug blades from the TL's a little - not much and put everything back together. Also tried to place it where the wires didn't have too much bend in them (I had them crammed in pretty tight)

So far no flicker but it's only been a couple of days, even before it would stop flickering and then not do it again for weeks...

personally the X-pattern still bothers my crappy eyes at night so I'm looking for a change, but I do like the brightness

RJEEPO

i have had the same issue on my 2010 since I installed them about 4 months ago.. - driver side flickers. I unplugged the adapter and spread the male plug blades from the TL's a little - not much and put everything back together. Also tried to place it where the wires didn't have too much bend in them (I had them crammed in pretty tight)

So far no flicker but it's only been a couple of days, even before it would stop flickering and then not do it again for weeks...

personally the X-pattern still bothers my crappy eyes at night so I'm looking for a change, but I do like the brightness

my low beams just don't seem bright at all, the high beams really kick ass. I don't know how to measure or test to see if they're working correctly or not. :grayno:

Jackal01

my low beams just don't seem bright at all, the high beams really kick ass. I don't know how to measure or test to see if they're working correctly or not. :grayno:

Are they aimed correctly? If they are too far up they may not be throwing enough lights at the road.

RJEEPO

Are they aimed correctly? If they are too far up they may not be throwing enough lights at the road.

Posted videos, height seems fine. Any higher and I'd be getting flashed or pulled over. Good spread to left and right it just seems dim to me.

Unlike the high position where it's like a blazing difference and I could signal a neighboring island haha!

Top Bottom