Tailgate license plate bracket

Ant's JK

Just wondering what brand everyone is using to relocate their license plate to their tailgate

Sent from my XT907 using WAYALIFE mobile app

BIGTARS

Check out ORO (offroad only). I believe they are a popular choice. They're what I used on my rig.

trailless

Caught the Bug
I have the rockhard 4x4 spare tire relocation. Its nice but still beating if it was worth it.

The electrical wires tied to the spare wheel was working fine!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
I'm not running my spare on the back right now so I have a Poison Spyder tramp stamp and ORO 3rd brake light/license plate light wired in with that.

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
Was wiring the 3rd brake light in easy?

Not too bad. I ran the wire through behind the sub and tapped into the passenger brake light. I thought I nailed it, but just the other day noticed that the brake light blinks with my right blinker. That upsets the OCD person in me, but not enough to pull it all out again.

aldaman

Just wondering what brand everyone is using to relocate their license plate to their tailgate

I'm not running my spare on the back right now so I have a Poison Spyder tramp stamp and ORO 3rd brake light/license plate light wired in with that.

Have the PS tramp stamp & ORO combo as well. Followed this forum member's post I found a while back...

Here's what you need to do:

1. Locate the WHITE wire with the BROWN stripe that is part of the bundle that runs to the tailgate (see pics below)

2. Snip this wire near where it enters the woven sheathing and heads to the tailgate.

3. Run the wire down through the plug in the fender so it comes out behind the tail light where you wired in the other two. Now you're ready to go.

Here is the correct wiring (Factory Wiring -> ORO Plate Lite):

BLACK WIRE at factory tail lamp -> BLACK WIRE on ORO harness (this is the ground)
WHITE WITH PURPLE STRIPE at factory tail lamp -> GREEN WIRE on ORO harness (this is the white running light that will come on w/ the headlights)
WHITE WITH BROWN STRIPE that you pulled down from above -> RED WIRE on ORO harness (this is the brake signal)

Hope you have better luck than I did when I first tried this... :thumbsup:

DSC_0002.jpg

DSC_0004.jpg

aldaman :beer:

Top Bottom