Disconnecting battery to reset my jeep?

Ant's JK

Dealership told me my climate control lights being on constantly are normal so I tested it with my multi meter to find out its not normal and drawing power. So my next step is a reset but I have some questions about it one how long do you disconnect the battery for? Two will my speedometer be reset to stock after this?

Sent from my XT907 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Dealership told me my climate control lights being on constantly are normal so I tested it with my multi meter to find out its not normal and drawing power. So my next step is a reset but I have some questions about it one how long do you disconnect the battery for? Two will my speedometer be reset to stock after this?

No, but I doubt it helps any

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
I don't think it should reset your speedometer. You using a procal or something? There is a way to touch battery terminals to drain your capacitors. I think touch them together? Someone might chime in on how to do that. Good luck! How you get everything working

I don't think it should reset your speedometer. You using a procal or something? There is a way to touch battery terminals to drain your capacitors. I think touch them together? Someone might chime in on how to do that. Good luck! How you get everything working

Codes and history are stored in flash RAM so even a complete drain will not clear everything. (Tuning and fuel trims are cleared) Whatever the failure is, seems more hardware related to me as software doesn't control individual lights in the dash. The later is purely speculation though.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
You'll need to disconnect it for about 20 min but, as others have mentioned, I doubt it'll make a difference. If it were me, I would go back to your dealership and have them show you how it is totally normal on one of the new Jeeps on the lot. When they can't reproduce the problem, make them fix yours.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Ok so should I just try another dealership instead?

Unfortunately, it may not make a difference being that they are all connected and will have a record of your previous visit. I would just politely explain that you have seen other Jeeps without this problem and that the draw you have is concerning. If they insist that the problem is normal, politely ask to prove it by demonstrating it on a new Jeep on their lot. When it doesn't happen, ask again to have your problem address and if necessary, politely ask to speak with the service manager and ask for his help.

Ant's JK

Thanks Eddie, I will give it a try and see where they take it this time

Jiblet

Does the defroster light blink at start up?

Did the dealer check specifically for HVAC codes?

The control heads have been a problem on a lot of Dodge vehicles, too.

The part is Control Panel 55111170AH.

Ant's JK

The dealership literally took my jeep in and in 3 min flat brought it out and said its normal on all 2012s. So I don't think they even checked it

Top Bottom