Traction control light just came on in my 2013 JKUR. Trying to find out why

Hangemhigh1

About 6 weeks ago I put a lift on my Jeep (2.5" spring lift from Teraflex with Rancho 9000XL shocks and a Teraflex Monster trackbar) I drove through some puddles from last night's monsoon rain on the way to work this morning. About 10 minutes after doing this, the light for my traction control came on and stayed on. The last time this happened after I lifted it. the steering wheel was off and the tires were not tracking straight. This time everything is tracking right on and the light came on, Could this be due to water getting on a sensor? Hoping for some advice please help.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Are you sure that your steering wheel is still dead center? That would still be the most likely cause of your ESP/BAS coming on. Water will NOT effect a speed sensor as it is sealed and, unless your ABS light is on too, it's definitely not a speed sensor.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
yes the steering wheel itself is physically at dead center and no other light is on.

Well, if no other light is on, it's most likely NOT a speed sensor. If your steering wheel really is on, disconnect your batter for about 20 min and then give it a go again. If the light comes back on, something is still telling your computer that you are in a slide.

t2pto

Same thing happens on my '10 jk crd - no lifts, but it disappear after a couple of minutes.

jeeeep

Hooked
might check your sensors see if there's any dirt or grease stuck on them I had grease on mine when I change some stuff and it was causing similar issues

Hangemhigh1

Following up on the sensor that came on. I checked the underside for anything loose and found everything to be normal. I disconnected the battery for about 20 minutes Like Eddie suggested and when I put the battery back, the light came back on. I then drove the Jeep for a few hundred feet and it shut off. So far the light hasn't come on again. Once again thank you fellow Jeepers for the input. Happy Trails

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Following up on the sensor that came on. I checked the underside for anything loose and found everything to be normal. I disconnected the battery for about 20 minutes Like Eddie suggested and when I put the battery back, the light came back on. I then drove the Jeep for a few hundred feet and it shut off. So far the light hasn't come on again. Once again thank you fellow Jeepers for the input. Happy Trails

Sorry, I forgot to mention that the light will stay on for a bit :crazyeyes:

Glad to hear that it went off.

Top Bottom