Rear bumper swap out.

CSINEV

This is the set up I was thinking of getting, what do ya all think? Does anyone have this one? image.jpg

bman198

Love the looks of the bumper. From experience you should also try looking at a number that attaches to the tailgait and is a swing-away bumper. My dad has the smittybilt xrc rear bumper with tire carrier and I know his can be a pain. I use the ACE pro series rear bumper. About the same price as smittybilt (a little more depending where it's from). Also I know AEV makes one and I am sure that there are others.

Expedition One has a nice bumper that attaches at the tailgate. I believe LOD just came out with a bumper with that option as well.

Grandos

^^I like that bumper design, who makes it? Been looking at swapping mine as well

2014 Public Relations officer - Dion C [o|||||||o]

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Deff look into LOD. They make great products and I believe they just came out with a single motion design (it's attached to the tailgate). Oh also it's made in the USA and they are a sponsor of the forum :thumb:

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Deff look into LOD. They make great products and I believe they just came out with a single motion design (it's attached to the tailgate). Oh also it's made in the USA and they are a sponsor of the forum :thumb:

i agree with this. and i'd skip on the smittybilt atlas bumper personally

We do make both versions, One that swings separately from the door, and one that swings with the door (Door linked). All of our Rear bumpers for the JK are our Gen 4 Armor Lite Series now , which is 21% lighter in weight than they used to be, but made out of our Armor lite steel that is 2X as strong as mild steel, therefore keeping all of the strength. If anyone has any questions we will be happy to help in any way we can.

CSINEV

LōD Offroad;345589 said:

We do make both versions, One that swings separately from the door, and one that swings with the door (Door linked). All of our Rear bumpers for the JK are our Gen 4 Armor Lite Series now , which is 21% lighter in weight than they used to be, but made out of our Armor lite steel that is 2X as strong as mild steel, therefore keeping all of the strength. If anyone has any questions we will be happy to help in any way we can.

Do you make one like this one with a place for the cans behind the tire and the jack on top?

Schweaty

JCR Offroad in Michigan makes some nice bumpers. I just ordered one a few weeks ago and I love it. Very well built! You can put this adventure tire carrier on any bumper they build if I'm not mistaken. My only complaint was the lead time, it took about two weeks for them to build and powder coat. Check them out http://www.jcroffroad.com/

JKAC7.jpg

LōD Offroad;345589 said:

We do make both versions, One that swings separately from the door, and one that swings with the door (Door linked). All of our Rear bumpers for the JK are our Gen 4 Armor Lite Series now , which is 21% lighter in weight than they used to be, but made out of our Armor lite steel that is 2X as strong as mild steel, therefore keeping all of the strength. If anyone has any questions we will be happy to help in any way we can.[/QUOTE

I was actually thinking about getting your rear stubby with the door linked option but I do not want to add a crazy amount of weight to the back of the Jeep. How much does the rear bumper weigh without tire?

Do you make one like this one with a place for the cans behind the tire and the jack on top?

We put the gas can mounts on the side, that way it doesn't make the tire stick out further and create more weight off center of the spindle of the tire carrier, plus worse departure angles, since the tire is further away from the body. Our gas can mounts are basically even with a 12.50" tire and do not stick out past it. Our Rotopax mounts can even adjust to slide them back close to the door , keeping all of the weight as close to the body as possible. When the gas cans are behind the tire and you look at the Jeep from the side, you will notice quite a difference with the tire sticking out away from the body, so this is why we do it that way. Let us know if you have any other questions and we will be happy to help you out.

Thanks

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
LōD Offroad;346086 said:
We put the gas can mounts on the side, that way it doesn't make the tire stick out further and create more weight off center of the spindle of the tire carrier, plus worse departure angles, since the tire is further away from the body. Our gas can mounts are basically even with a 12.50" tire and do not stick out past it. Our Rotopax mounts can even adjust to slide them back close to the door , keeping all of the weight as close to the body as possible. When the gas cans are behind the tire and you look at the Jeep from the side, you will notice quite a difference with the tire sticking out away from the body, so this is why we do it that way. Let us know if you have any other questions and we will be happy to help you out.

Thanks

You answered just about every question I had. Without me having to ask them! When I get to the point of needed bumpers, I will keep you all in mind. Thanks :2thumbsup:

LōD Offroad;345589 said:

We do make both versions, One that swings separately from the door, and one that swings with the door (Door linked). All of our Rear bumpers for the JK are our Gen 4 Armor Lite Series now , which is 21% lighter in weight than they used to be, but made out of our Armor lite steel that is 2X as strong as mild steel, therefore keeping all of the strength. If anyone has any questions we will be happy to help in any way we can.[/QUOTE

I was actually thinking about getting your rear stubby with the door linked option but I do not want to add a crazy amount of weight to the back of the Jeep. How much does the rear bumper weigh without tire?

The Armor Lite Gen 4 Shorty bumper itself weighs 77 lbs, and the tire carrier weighs 38 lbs

TheStick

LōD Offroad;345589 said:

Am I understanding correctly that the trail rack is not available on the linked version? Also, I do not believe I have ever been able to find what the weight limit is for the trail rack.

Kind of off topic, but since you are here :)

Am I understanding correctly that the trail rack is not available on the linked version? Also, I do not believe I have ever been able to find what the weight limit is for the trail rack.

Kind of off topic, but since you are here :)

Yes since the Door linked tire carrier is so close to the door and the trail rack bolts on the back side of the tire carrier you can not run it on the Door linked version unfortunately. Trail Rack weight limit is 60 lbs

Top Bottom