Passenger seat

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Ok, I want to put my arb pump underneath my passenger seat. However I'm not sure what these cables are for. I do not have heated seats so I am assuming that they are related to air bags and crashing. Which makes me a little weary of disconnecting them. Any help or confirmation that I am correct or incorrect would be helpful. Thanks

2014 JKUR

Attachments

• 1406670291983.jpg
    1406670291983.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 127

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
Ok, I want to put my arb pump underneath my passenger seat. However I'm not sure what these cables are for. I do not have heated seats so I am assuming that they are related to air bags and crashing. Which makes me a little weary of disconnecting them. Any help or confirmation that I am correct or incorrect would be helpful. Thanks

2014 JKUR

I can't confirm what they are for but I can tell you I installed my ARB under my passenger seat and didn't have any issues with the plugs. Plugging/unplugging didn't set off the airbags or any other warnings.

I assume they are for the seatbelt and any electronics in the console. It's been too long since the install for me to remember where they run.

WAYALIFE APP 🍺

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
I can't confirm what they are for but I can tell you I installed my ARB under my passenger seat and didn't have any issues with the plugs. Plugging/unplugging didn't set off the airbags or any other warnings.

I assume they are for the seatbelt and any electronics in the console. It's been too long since the install for me to remember where they run.

WAYALIFE APP 🍺

Now that I'm pondering about, I know at least one if for the seat belt warning.... maybe ill leave that one disconnected. :D thanks for the reply, I think ill disconnect my battery to be safe.

2014 JKUR

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
Now that I'm pondering about, I know at least one if for the seat belt warning.... maybe ill leave that one disconnected. :D thanks for the reply, I think ill disconnect my battery to be safe.

2014 JKUR

I did disconnect my battery when doing the install. I actually removed the entire battery tray to get good access to the firewall pass-through on the passenger side. It's directly below the battery tray.

I also permanently removed the little plate on the underside of the seat that those cables are anchored to because of a fitment issue.

IMG_3184.jpg
IMG_3199.jpg
IMG_3218.jpg
IMG_3219.jpg

This is the connector for the fan speed. I just pulled the pin out (orange and pink wire) and soldered the ARB switch dimming wire to it, and re-inserted the pin in the connector. I hate tying into wires with butt splices etc.
IMG_3235.jpg

I did the same thing for the wire for the 12v tie in for the ARB switch. You can pick up the blue/pink wire out of the cigarette lighter.
IMG_3239.jpg

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
I did disconnect my battery when doing the install. I actually removed the entire battery tray to get good access to the firewall pass-through on the passenger side. It's directly below the battery tray.

I also permanently removed the little plate on the underside of the seat that those cables are anchored to because of a fitment issue.

View attachment 93669
View attachment 93670
View attachment 93671
View attachment 93672

This is the connector for the fan speed. I just pulled the pin out (orange and pink wire) and soldered the ARB switch dimming wire to it, and re-inserted the pin in the connector. I hate tying into wires with butt splices etc.
View attachment 93673

I did the same thing for the wire for the 12v tie in for the ARB switch. You can pick up the blue/pink wire out of the cigarette lighter.
View attachment 93674

Awesome. Ill keep this in mind when I get to that point. I just finished reinstalling the seat with the pump attached. Like you I let the wires disconnected from the mounts for clearance reasons. :D

2014 JKUR

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Here are some pics from today's work.
1. The bracket that i used to mount the compressor. It was already under the seat.
2. Placed the seat on a flat surface to check for and fitting issues.
3. Second fit test once in the jeep.
4. Where I stopped because it got dark.

2014 JKUR

Attachments

• 1406683041721.jpg
    1406683041721.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 71
  • 1406683056370.jpg
    1406683056370.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 73
  • 1406683069046.jpg
    1406683069046.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 74
  • 1406683084168.jpg
    1406683084168.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 74

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Tomorrow I have to go to an auto parts store to get a new switch. Left the old one in the 09 when I traded it in. I wanted ti get a new wiring harness, but arb informed me via email that it was 50 bucks. So I'm trying to make the old one work.

2014 JKUR

Silver Surfer

Any plug with yellow 99% of the time is for Air bags disconnect the battery and you will have NO issue's. The other is a Occupant sensor for the Air bag to send a signal to the air bag control module to inform of an occupant in the seat to know weather to deploy the air bag or not depending on someone sitting in the seat. Also the seat belt sensor is apart of that system along with the pretensioner once seat belt is click that annoying ding goes away.

Top Bottom