Rubicon Suspension

JKBlackie

I have a 2010 JKU Sport and I came across a pretty good deal on some Rubicon takeoff springs and shocks. I've been planning on doing a BB soon, would picking these shocks and/or springs be a smart move? Is there a big difference in ride quality and trail performance? Or should I just not sorry about it and stick with my suspension. Thanks for the help!

MurderedJK

Ok. I didn't know if replacing the shocks would he worth it for the time being. But that makes sense to save for something more worthwhile!

The shocks are Nitros versus your hydros so thats an improvement. You wont see a huge difference so the price would have to be really reaslly good. I would just buy the shocks if you do and pass on the springs

Christarp

I personally thought the ride was much better when I put on some take off rubi shocks compared to my sahara / sport shocks. That's all I changed though, and I got them for the low price of free. If you have a spare hour and plan on staying stock-ish for a while I'd probably just replace the shocks with rubi take off shocks.

MurderedJK

There is no difference in the shocks (2dr vs 4dr). The ride quality would be better since there will be less felt "roll" with nitro shocks vs hydro. If you're planning to do a lift soon i'd wait and just get your shocks then. but if youre waiting then it might be worth it to give them a shot

thardy

Banned
I recently swapped in a set of shocks and springs from a JKUR on to my 2dr sport and it made all the difference in the world. It rides so much better than stock and gave me about 1.75 to 2 inch lift. I paid $150 for mine and I would do it again over a spacer lift. Just my 2 cents.

Sent from WAYALIFE mobile app

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Since you will be swapping from a 4 door to another 4 door you will not see any difference in height. If your going to do anything maybe pick up the shocks of you can get them for dirt cheap. Otherwise don't get them at all and save up for a BB or coil lift with shocks from Rancho or Bilstein.

catahoula

Caught the Bug
First you need to compare the spring rate numbers if you decide to do this to see if it is worth it. Look at the last two numbers on the springs. I have a 2 dr and replaced with 4 dr. Went from 14/55 to 18/59 and rubi shocks. I also added a leveling kit as well. Very happy and a very inexpensive way to go if you want a little lift for now and do not want to break the bank.

gtony12

Caught the Bug
I would get BB and save for Rancho mt7000 or 9000's. I have 2 door went rubi coils and shocks then added a 2.5 BB actually got 3.25" from this combo. Saving for rancho shocks. I dont think you will any or not much lift if you change out coils for rubi coils. Rc has BB 2.5 series II lift for $179.00

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

JKBlackie

Thanks for all the input everyone.

I knows i wouldn't get any lift changing from a 4Door to another 4Door, I was just wondering if the ride quality would be any better or not. I may see if I can get the Rubi shocks for real cheap. The guy was asking $100 for all 4 of them. My plan was to maybe to a budget boost without shocks and then save for Rancho 7000 or 9000's but if I could get these for a good price I thought maybe it would be a nice upgrade for cheap. But if I can't get them for dirt cheap I'll probably just hold off and see about some Rancho shocks.

Top Bottom