35 Spline RCV Install, am I missing something

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
Ok so I ordered my pr44 with 35 spline RCVs. Pulled them out to install my knuckles and now I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get them back in. The orange boot obviously doesn't fit through the knuckle. All the RCV install posts I've seen have you pull the boot off the spline end but with the 35 spline the axle tapers larger at the splines and the boot doesn't appear to fit off that way. Am I missing something? Am I supposed to install the knuckle with the axle in? I cannot find 35 spline install instructions anywhere. Feeling like a noob...

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Ok so I ordered my pr44 with 35 spline RCVs. Pulled them out to install my knuckles and now I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get them back in. The orange boot obviously doesn't fit through the knuckle. All the RCV install posts I've seen have you pull the boot off the spline end but with the 35 spline the axle tapers larger at the splines and the boot doesn't appear to fit off that way. Am I missing something? Am I supposed to install the knuckle with the axle in? I cannot find 35 spline install instructions anywhere. Feeling like a noob...

I believe there is a video on YouTube on how to install them. Let me find it really quick.

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
Thanks! I did watch that one. I cannot get the boot off the axle, maybe I'm not pushing hard enough. The35 spline axles have a hell of a taper at the end where they size up for the splines. I'll try pushing harder lol

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
Just to help any future folks that may have this issue, just talked to RCV. The boots will not come off the end of the 35 splines axles due to the large diameter of the axle for the splines. You have to install axles first then install knuckles with the axles in the tubes. Only other alternative is to take the CVs apart, the boots will come off that way but screw that...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom