2015 Cherokee?

MrHooah04

Evening all!

My wife and I are looking at new vehicles..unfortunately it's her time for one haha, so my Rubicon will have to wait a few more years!

That being said, we have narrowed down our search to two vehicles:

2015 Cherokee 2.4 Limited

Orrrrr

2015 Subaru Forrester Limited

Now of course everyone should know which way I'm leaning...Jeep of course haha. Our main concern is obviously safety, mileage and reliability.

Soooo..my question to anyone out there who has experience with the new Cherokee is just that..how's the real world mileage and how does the new 2.4L match up with the 9 SpD auto.

I'm also torn as the Boxer engine in the Subaru has been their hallmark..along with the CVT they threw in with it, doesn't seem like one can go wrong.

Both vehicles can be had well equipped at roughly 30k so it's literally a toss up.

What's everyone's opinion?!

Appreciate all the insight, as usual! :beer:

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Well, as fugly as it is. I personally would get the cherokee, trailhawk. The only thing I will say is that I've seen a few sitting on the side of thw highway recently (one of those cases was today). I did a quick Google search but nothing came up. Id still get a Cherokee.

2014 JKUR

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Evening all!

My wife and I are looking at new vehicles..unfortunately it's her time for one haha, so my Rubicon will have to wait a few more years!

Orrrrr

Now of course everyone should know which way I'm leaning...Jeep of course haha. Our main concern is obviously safety, mileage and reliability.

Soooo..my question to anyone out there who has experience with the new Cherokee is just that..how's the real world mileage and how does the new 2.4L match up with the 9 SpD auto.

I'm also torn as the Boxer engine in the Subaru has been their hallmark..along with the CVT they threw in with it, doesn't seem like one can go wrong.

Both vehicles can be had well equipped at roughly 30k so it's literally a toss up.

I'm looking at the Subaru as well, holding out to see the new renegade first.

Rccrwlr

Make sure you compare the interiors. The Subaru seems a bit lacking. Engine is perky and all but the Cherokee seems a bit more, more

--rccrwlr. ".....and that's it baby!"

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Make sure you compare the interiors. The Subaru seems a bit lacking. Engine is perky and all but the Cherokee seems a bit more, more

--rccrwlr. ".....and that's it baby!"

It's a commuter that needs to be all wheel drive. As long as the renegade gets more than 34 ish mpg. I'll be going jeep.

The only reason I looked at Subaru is because of the AWD and good gas mileage

RockyJk

It's a commuter that needs to be all wheel drive. As long as the renegade gets more than 34 ish mpg. I'll be going jeep.

The only reason I looked at Subaru is because of the AWD and good gas mileage

You can do rally with the Subaru too!

My .02

Take a deep hard look and be honest with yourself on how often you truly need 4 wheel drive/all wheel to commute in.

I live in a mountain town that gets snow, sleet and the occasional mud slide.

That being said I only need 4 wheel drive to get home about 5-10 days out of the entire year. And that's a high number only because the snow plows don't get to my neighborhood. For that little of times I'm good with just taking my Rubicon to work when needed.

All other days I picked up a little 2013 Honda Civic for a smoking deal and commute in that.

Funny though. I'm driving my jeep today to work only because I saw this thread last night and realized I haven't driven it in two months. Lol

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Y
My .02

Take a deep hard look and be honest with yourself on how often you truly need 4 wheel drive/all wheel to commute in.

I live in a mountain town that gets snow, sleet and the occasional mud slide.

That being said I only need 4 wheel drive to get home about 5-10 days out of the entire year. And that's a high number only because the snow plows don't get to my neighborhood. For that little of times I'm good with just taking my Rubicon to work when needed.

All other days I picked up a little 2013 Honda Civic for a smoking deal and commute in that.

Funny though. I'm driving my jeep today to work only because I saw this thread last night and realized I haven't driven it in two months. Lol

Bear valley will not let me drive a 2wd car with snow on the ground. 4wd is required . Do I need it? Hell no, we went to school with feet if snow on the ground. My wife will drive the JK when it snows.

Y

Bear valley will not let me drive a 2wd car with snow on the ground. 4wd is required . Do I need it? Hell no, we went to school with feet if snow on the ground. My wife will drive the JK when it snows.

I hear you. I just lied when I use to live up there.....

But I did always have chains or cables with me.

tweetie7123

I'm a LOSER
Evening all!

Orrrrr

From my experiance I used to sell cars and iv sold both jeep and subaru .. I'll start with the subaru yes it has a great awd system also the well known boxer engine me personally I don't like the cvt trans but that's me moving on to interior I think it's out dated sucks and needs a make over it dosnt have the fit and finish I like seams cheep for what you pay for... Now for the jeep that nine speed trans is nice and dose get the mpg the sticker says the 2.4 has a lot of power and the 4wd system is nice I personally say get the trail hawk instead of the limited it is nice if you go on a camping trip n do some light off roading and it's not much more if you get an invoice deal on it and the interior on the Cherokee is A++++ wow is it great the big touch screen the charging pad built in how the front passenger seat can fold down do u can put longer stuff inside and not worry about leaving the hatch up and also a built in hiding place in the front pass seat ask the sales person to show you all that!!! If I had to choose one it would be for sure the Cherokee the subaru is nice but the Cherokee kills in and pulse with the jeep you get a standard 5 yr 100k powertrain warranty so no reason to get and extended warranty .. If you are a costco member check out the costco deals google costco autos and find a dealer that dose those deals there great and cut out all the bs .. Feel free to pm me for any reason about car buying I used to sell them for a living an would love for people to stick it to the d bags so they arnt making a killing off of people !!

2013 jkr
And no I did not forget the u in jkr :) 2 door life

Benito

Caught the Bug
My mom just bought a trailhawk, they aren't as ugly in person, and I have to say I envied the look of the interior-fancy red stitching. I will say I feel more comfortable in my wrangler leather seats than I did in those, they felt too big and didn't keep me in place, and I'm pretty big. But overall I liked it and thought it was a good buy for her, and it came with a recovery strap!

May make a suggestion,

Rent both vehicles separate weekends and drive them all over the place. You will get a better feel of the vehicle better than just on the test drive.

Last year when the 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited's came out we traded the wife's Lexus RX350 in on it. After about a month of driving various places SWMBO did not feel safe with the 8 speed transmission. It did not have the pick and go when she needed. She drove around in the sport mode most of the time, which reduced the MPG. So that was a costly mistake because 6 months later it was traded fro another RX350.

R/
Will

Top Bottom