OCD on upgrades from the same company

safecracker909

I wanted to do everything with Poison Spyder because I liked the name and they are manufacturing everything in the town next to me. But when it came down to upgrades, I chose a Genright front bumper because the winch fit lower than the grill.

It all comes down to your needs, skill of installation, and the all mighty dollar. Oh and the OCD thing.

JKFlyer

Oh so with you but my jeep has evolved is much that I have a total mixture and it us what it is

What really is clincher...and I apologize for saying this...is when black powder coats don't match!!:banghead:

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using WAYALIFE mobile app

HDGasser

Have you seen any of the builds come out of ORE?

If the world was black n white you'd never notice the difference.

StrizzyChris

Have you seen any of the builds come out of ORE?

If the world was black n white you'd never notice the difference.

Lord knows that if I spend my hard earned money on mods, and want the best so I send it to ORE, I wont be having them install Rugged Ridge sliders and Teraflex LA lift on my rig! When's the last time you saw a Kia at a Maserati dealership for maintenance? ;)

HDGasser

Lord knows that if I spend my hard earned money on mods, and want the best so I send it to ORE, I wont be having them install Rugged Ridge sliders and Teraflex LA lift on my rig! When's the last time you saw a Kia at a Maserati dealership for maintenance? ;)

Lmao! Very true!

Saying ORE is "the best" is an opinion, saying that they strive to be the best is how I would put it... I think they're DAMN good, but with a few other shops putting out high end builds it's hard for me to call them the best.

I can't knock ORE they do some nice work, to rich for my blood that's for damn sure!

Delivering pizzas ain't cuttin it anymore.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Saying ORE is "the best" is an opinion, saying that they strive to be the best is how I would put it... I think they're DAMN good, but with a few other shops putting out high end builds it's hard for me to call them the best.

They make the best high end lift...period. Nothing else is in the same league as the EVOlever...period.

When your off the shelf, readily available lift works so well it gets put on the forbidden list for a class in a race like the Hammers...you have done something really, really right.

SDG

Caught the Bug
Not to be a stickler for details here, but ORE (Offroad Evolution) is a shop that sells and installs stuff...

Stuff from...
EVO Manufacturing
Teraflex
Dynatrac
King
Rock hard
Rock krawler

I would say they are hands down one of the best, if not The best shops in the country at doing what they do.

EVO Manufacturing makes parts, the sliders, bumpers, lever, suspension etc...
EVO MFG is one of the premier mfgs of full aftermarket suspension systems out there. Whether it be full weld on or bolt on, or just a replacment coil with new arms etc... I dont think anyone will argue with that when you get into the higher end stuff.

Bumpers, stingers, sliders, etc, thats personal preference on style, design etc. Several mfgs make quality parts there, but the suspension systems you will be hard pressed to find anyone in the same league.

Just my 2c.

StrizzyChris

Saying ORE is "the best" is an opinion.

I would always agree to this statement...but facts are facts. The OP is asking about being OCD and manufacturers parts matching. Can you name one other manufacturer that you can go online(or to their front door) and buy their parts, walk out the door, and they are "better"? The subjective aside like feeling of the ride, etc., can you name another off the shelf company that beats the EVO DTD suspension's wheel travel and capabilities? Or another bolt on coilover kit that has as much wheel travel? Not trying to argue with you, just pointing out the facts rather than just my opinion.

saying that they strive to be the best is how I would put it... I think they're DAMN good, but with a few other shops putting out high end builds it's hard for me to call them the best.

If you are talking about complete custom suspension systems and "high end builds" rather than off the shelf kits....then I could agree with you that other shops are very good at putting together suspension systems. At that point it is opinions rather than facts.

I can't knock ORE they do some nice work, to rich for my blood that's for damn sure!

Delivering pizzas ain't cuttin it anymore.

I would agree that it doesn't come cheap...but then again neither does the Maserati/Lambo or another "high end" shop's custom builds. I too am cheap and wont spend my cash paying for my dream build that would look just like everyone else's, if I were color blind. :yup:

Rccrwlr

OP. Yes I have the same issue. In the end I think we will end up with a Hansen front LoD sliders and a Hansen rear but OCD says make it the same!!!!

--rccrwlr. ".....and that's it baby!"

Prime

Ocd

I just wondered I now have three JK's one will be built for crawling my two door well Maller and the other four door will be the sweet pickles bus. AKA old ladies so it will have the third row seat, 3" lift, and ace rails since she bought them already. she wants ace bumpers front and back.

Me I want on my crawler (four door) every evo piece I can get!

the two door I thought about gen right tire carrier and front bumper but i look at there rock sliders and I dont like them, then I get ocd becuase I will end up buy evo sliders and I will have gen right carrier and bumper..

So Im not sure what I will do just thought if anyone had this problem what did you do? in my opinon evo is the best but dam were talking about 10K in upgrades. I might have to start selling my body to get it done....

I just wondered I now have three JK's one will be built for crawling my two door well Maller and the other four door will be the sweet pickles bus. AKA old ladies so it will have the third row seat, 3" lift, and ace rails since she bought them already. she wants ace bumpers front and back.

Me I want on my crawler (four door) every evo piece I can get!

the two door I thought about gen right tire carrier and front bumper but i look at there rock sliders and I dont like them, then I get ocd becuase I will end up buy evo sliders and I will have gen right carrier and bumper..

So Im not sure what I will do just thought if anyone had this problem what did you do? in my opinon evo is the best but dam were talking about 10K in upgrades. I might have to start selling my body to get it done....

I think your talking more like $20-30k ;)

Sent from my NSA monitoring device... Using the WAYALIFE mobile app

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
I might have to start selling my body to get it done....

I'm listening.... ;)

On another note. I deff agree with you that some upgrades should match. However, I think for the sake of protecting your body you should get the EVO sliders and skins. Or you could sell all of the Genright stuff and get a full matching set from LoD…. :idontknow:

StrizzyChris

On another note. I deff agree with you that some upgrades should match. However, I think for the sake of protecting your body you should get the EVO sliders and skins. Or you could sell all of the Genright stuff and get a full matching set from LoD…. :idontknow:

I am running EVO 1/4 pounder with stinger front, LoD sliders, and GenRight Rear carrier and I think it all blends fairly nicely....but thats of course my biased personal opinion of my own rig and mod choices.

Rocker skins really cant NOT match no matter what the company. Rear skins do vary in style from different companies and just like mentioned, PS are very modern and slick looking vs EVO who's are raw tough and minimalistic looking vs Snittybuilt which I think look terrible(again personal opinion) I do agree that manufacturers like Poison Spider have a very unique style to their bumpers and that mismatching the front and rear with another company wouldnt look quite as uniform.

Top Bottom