Front Bumpers

JKBlackie

I'm looking into some different bumpers for my Jeep and I'm on a budget. I was wondering if any of you guys have any suggestions on cheaper, quality bumpers that have a stinger or some sort of grille guard. I know you can go super cheap and get a crappy quality stinger that will fold right over, but I want a quality made product. Any suggestions?

JKFlyer

I have SRC front stinger by Smitty built. Great deal for mid 300 -400 price point I believe. Has drilked holes for fog lights and mounts very easy. Integrated winch plate too. Finish us textured but no biggy

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using WAYALIFE mobile app

Attachments

• 1407034897382.jpg
    1407034897382.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 399

JKBlackie

I have SRC front stinger by Smitty built. Great deal for mid 300 -400 price point I believe. Has drilked holes for fog lights and mounts very easy. Integrated winch plate too. Finish us textured but no biggy

I've looked at the SRC. Is it pretty stout? I really like the look of it, my only point of concern was the durability of it.

Flexer07

I'm looking into some different bumpers for my Jeep and I'm on a budget. I was wondering if any of you guys have any suggestions on cheaper, quality bumpers that have a stinger or some sort of grille guard. I know you can go super cheap and get a crappy quality stinger that will fold right over, but I want a quality made product. Any suggestions?

Crawler conceptz

StrizzyChris

If you are looking for the best deal for a high quality product, then i would agree with brankz that the PS bumpers are your best bet. Other than that, like you mentioned, cheap and quality rarely go together. If you are patient, you can go with the EVO 1/4 pounder stubby core and later purchase the stinger to add on after saving your pennys. That is what I did.

JKBlackie

If you are looking for the best deal for a high quality product, then i would agree with brankz that the PS bumpers are your best bet. Other than that, like you mentioned, cheap and quality rarely go together. If you are patient, you can go with the EVO 1/4 pounder stubby core and later purchase the stinger to add on after saving your pennys. That is what I did.

That is pretty cheap for the quality I've heard that PS has. Is the SRC Low quality?

Edit: Because I believe it comes powder coated and with a winch mount, which is convenient.

Last edited:

StrizzyChris

I really cant comment on the quality of the SRC bumper. I have owned other smittybuilt products and they were of VERY poor quality and because of that I have not and will not own a smittybuilt bumper.

JKFlyer

I really cant comment on the quality of the SRC bumper. I have owned other smittybuilt products and they were of VERY poor quality and because of that I have not and will not own a smittybuilt bumper.

Strizzy is right. Smitty is not best quality..it is only smitty item I have on my keep. Rest is evo or PS. Evo 1 /4 pounder is best IMO.

I was just answering your original question of something cheap that is decent. I see a lot of SRC s on road too. I doubt it would do much if I impacted it straight on. Who knows though

hogtyed

I know that many do not recommend Smitybuilt. I just happened to get the deal of a lifetime on my Smitty bumpers & side rails. They have held up fine running through the woods, up & over logs saving my body some damage a few times. With that being said - have not done any rock climbing so I don't have a clue how they would hold up to that kind of trailing.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

PURE JEEP Bare Bonez bumper is what I would recommend. Just what you need and nothing else. Made in the USA and affordable.

main.php

bugdust

Check Amazon.com. I bought a new Rampage for $350 locally off craigslist It accepts the stock driving lights, came with a winch plate and bolted right on with no issues.

20140713_144728_zpsbjatff0x.jpg

20140802_071424_zpswuukffvp.jpg

JKBlackie

PURE JEEP Bare Bonez bumper is what I would recommend. Just what you need and nothing else. Made in the USA and affordable.

main.php

Thanks so much! I was asking so I could hear about quality companies like this that make products in the USA. I love that and it seems like it would fit all my needs. Thanks for the heads up.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks so much! I was asking so I could hear about quality companies like this that make products in the USA. I love that and it seems like it would fit all my needs. Thanks for the heads up.

You bet. It's still one of my favorite bumper setups that I've run. :yup:

Rayz

has any one had to put theirs to the test? as in actual collisions or standing it up? would be nice to know which are more for show vs ones that actually work....

Top Bottom