Most "trick" way to install a CB?

SmokinV10

Caught the Bug
I've avoided adding a CB Radio to my rig too long now. For some reason, its felt like "too much work" to research which antenna, which radio, where to mount it, etc. About it order a Uniden 880 or 980 off Amazon and install it when I get the Jeep back from ORE. Was thinking of adding it to the Rock Hard Sport Cage. I'm "ok" with that idea but in my minds eye that seems to be a bit "Mickey Mouse" to have a big ol' random square bolted into the roll bar right smack dab in the middle of plain view. Has anyone seen any super "clean" installs or have ideas?

Last edited:

safecracker909

I am using a Cobra 75WXST. I think it is the cleanest way to install the CB. I installed the main unit under the dash. All of the controls are within the mic. I had it tuned by a professional radio shop and it performs without problems.

SmokinV10

Caught the Bug
I am using a Cobra 75WXST. I think it is the cleanest way to install the CB. I installed the main unit under the dash. All of the controls are within the mic. I had it tuned by a professional radio shop and it performs without problems.

What did the radio shop do to "tune it"? I like the idea of having the main unit out of sight

safecracker909

What did the radio shop do to "tune it"? I like the idea of having the main unit out of sight

The CB shop in Fontana, CA installed the antenna. Adjusting the antenna length and using a device that measured the output signal. When I don't know how to do something correctly, I'll pay someone before screwing it up.

Last edited:

sean.m.adams33

I just bought the same cb and used the rugged ridge mount above the mirror. Also in my old rig I had it on my rock hard cage and didn't mind it at all. Other people did hit their heads on it a lot though....

HDGasser

Put it in the center console and hide an external speaker in the padding behind your head

:twocents:

Sharkey

Word Ninja
The CB shop in Fontana, CA installed the antenna. Adjusting the antenna length and using a device that measured the output signal. When I don't know how to do something correctly, I'll pay someone before screwing it up.

It's called an SWR meter. You can get them for like $15 at radio shack. It's unbelievably easy to do it yourself.

Last edited:
Top Bottom