Going to be in Bishop CA./Mammoth Lakes area Aug.8th-11th

mrjester

A friend and I will be camping in Rock Creek area the 8th through the 11th of August. We will probably check out Wheeler Ridge, Laurel Lakes and a few other areas between Mammoth and Independance over the weekend. If anyone is going to be in the area that weekend and would like to join for a trail or few, or anyone has any good suggestions on trails in the area that would be great :).

Rebel JK

If you head out towards the craters north of mammoth, there's miles of trails out towards deadmans creek and june. Not really challenging but very scenic with some creek crossings. You could easily spend a day or 2 exploring the area. Couple of nice little fishing spots as well.

mrjester

If you head out towards the craters north of mammoth, there's miles of trails out towards deadmans creek and june. Not really challenging but very scenic with some creek crossings. You could easily spend a day or 2 exploring the area. Couple of nice little fishing spots as well.

We'll keep that in mind if we get that way (imagine we will). Probably going to tool around coyote flats aswell. Offer still stands for anyone that would like to join. Unfortunately right now we'll only be in one rig, ( my buddy hasnt acquired himself a jeep) would be nice to have at least one other with us. And it would be great to meet some of you guys in the flesh :).

Sent from my S3 using WAYALIFE mobile app

cbetts

I am so jealous right now. I would have been there that weekend but my truck is down for repairs until the end of the month. I was born and raised in Bishop (Rovana to be more precise) and try to go up there whenever I can.

mrjester

I am so jealous right now. I would have been there that weekend but my truck is down for repairs until the end of the month. I was born and raised in Bishop (Rovana to be more precise) and try to go up there whenever I can.

Rovana is a nice area.

Sent from my S3 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Blue Weim

How was the trip?

A friend and I will be camping in Rock Creek area the 8th through the 11th of August. We will probably check out Wheeler Ridge, Laurel Lakes and a few other areas between Mammoth and Independance over the weekend. If anyone is going to be in the area that weekend and would like to join for a trail or few, or anyone has any good suggestions on trails in the area that would be great :).

How was your trip are you going to post any pics? I wish I would have seen your post before tonight. I was looking for something to this past weekend

and I ended up in Tahoe. Would of rather hung out with you... Maybe next time

mrjester

How was your trip are you going to post any pics? I wish I would have seen your post before tonight. I was looking for something to this past weekend

and I ended up in Tahoe. Would of rather hung out with you... Maybe next time

trip was good, posted a few pics in another thread. Unfortunatly when we got up to laurel lakes on saturday we got pounded by dime sized hail with no top or doors for about 30 minutes before we bailed out..lol..i shoulda packed a tarp haha. Wheeler was a fun trip. took about an hour to get to the top. ( i did not go passed the overlook, that soft ledge looked kinda sketchy to me and we were just one rig). Glad there was no traffic on the trail tho. limited spots to pull out of the way. Spent alot of time fishing Rock creek and surrounding areas aswell. All in all a fun trip.

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?964-Where-did-your-Jeep-take-You-this-Week/page88

Last edited:

cbetts

trip was good, posted a few pics in another thread. Unfortunatly when we got up to laurel lakes on saturday we got pounded by dime sized hail with no top or doors for about 30 minutes before we bailed out..lol..i shoulda packed a tarp haha. Wheeler was a fun trip. took about an hour to get to the top. ( i did not go passed the overlook, that soft ledge looked kinda sketchy to me and we were just one rig). Glad there was no traffic on the trail tho. limited spots to pull out of the way. Spent alot of time fishing Rock creek and surrounding areas aswell. All in all a fun trip.

Awesomesauce! Wise idea to stop at the overlook on Wheeler Ridge. I ventured past it once and had some serious pucker all the way to the next meadow. I had a friend take his H3 all the way to the mine, but he had to drive it up the side of the hill to get past the narrow sections.
1917208_185254566895_5575085_n.jpg

Yeah, to sketchy for me!
1917208_185254591895_6003330_n.jpg

Glad you made it back safely! Sounds like you had a great time.

mrjester

Awesomesauce! Wise idea to stop at the overlook on Wheeler Ridge. I ventured past it once and had some serious pucker all the way to the next meadow. I had a friend take his H3 all the way to the mine, but he had to drive it up the side of the hill to get past the narrow sections.
1917208_185254566895_5575085_n.jpg

Yeah, to sketchy for me!
1917208_185254591895_6003330_n.jpg

Glad you made it back safely! Sounds like you had a great time.

Yah it looks a lil tippy and soft. If i was a little lower to the ground i may have tried it. I really hate my lift compaired to some of the newer technology. I've almost swapped it out a few times, but I think i'll just wait and get a JK in a few years when my wifes car is paid off. And invest the $$ into that. TJ will goto my daughter.

Last edited:
Top Bottom