Freedom top leaking?

Beau beau

I have been having issues with my freedom top leaking on the passenger side. I brought it to the dealer two days ago for repair. I called today and the service manager said they had to replace all the seals. The inside of the top would fill up with water and when I would stop or turn I could hear the water running through the braces in the top. Then it would come out of the holes in the sound bar where the top bolts down. Has anyone had this problem or is it just me. This is a 2012 and I don't expect it to leak.

mjhau02

I have 2010 JKU...it leaks sometimes, but I usually feel like it is my fault. Freedom top screws not in properly or bad alignment on the top itself. It has only leaked a few times. That is why I think it is my fault.

JandSJK

a buddy of mines 12' leaked the first week he had it. took it back and they ended up replacing all the seals on it

koop2

Yea same thing they fixed mine but its still leaking so its going back again. The dealer here has replaced three Jeeps on GA lemon law because of it. I just hope they get mine fixed or it will be number four.

StrizzyChris

I'm just happy this forum is still(to this point) small and has intelligent folks. I was looking for some fool to say "it's a jeep get used to it"! A new 40k should never leak no matter what the brand!

Beau beau

I'm just happy this forum is still(to this point) small and has intelligent folks. I was looking for some fool to say "it's a jeep get used to it"! A new 40k should never leak no matter what the brand!

Thanks that's what I was thinking myself. I feel like I paid this much for something I sure don't want to get a wet butt when I jump in or it to start smelling musty.

Top Bottom