High clerance long arm

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
If you don't already have an EVO lever system, you'll want to get it as the high clearance long arm kit is designed to work with and enhance it.

HLKSMSH

If you don't already have an EVO lever system, you'll want to get it as the high clearance long arm kit is designed to work with and enhance it.

That will be one of the future upgrades. I am mainly getting them since I have to replace my control arms and want to set it up now for the mods to come. The shipping company that shipped my jeep from Hawaii jacked my jeep up so I am looking at getting a free long arm upgrade and then cash in my warranty on my 4" lift to get a new one I can sale for more parts on my list.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
That will be one of the future upgrades. I am mainly getting them since I have to replace my control arms and want to set it up now for the mods to come. The shipping company that shipped my jeep from Hawaii jacked my jeep up so I am looking at getting a free long arm upgrade and then cash in my warranty on my 4" lift to get a new one I can sale for more parts on my list.

To be clear, you NEED the EVO Lever to make it work. While we were able to run the high clearance brackets with just our bolt on coil overs, we also had Off Road Evolution do some custom work to make it happen.

HLKSMSH

To be clear, you NEED the EVO Lever to make it work. While we were able to run the high clearance brackets with just our bolt on coil overs, we also had Off Road Evolution do some custom work to make it happen.

Ok so they have the EVO MFG Double D Bolt on Long Arm Upgrade and also the High Clearance Long Arm Kit for the EVOLever. After just reading into them again I see what your saying. So I guess my only option is the 4" Lift Kit Double D JK Bolt On Long Arm and see if they will knock off some of the cost due to the fact I only need the control arms rite now.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Ok so they have the EVO MFG Double D Bolt on Long Arm Upgrade and also the High Clearance Long Arm Kit for the EVOLever. After just reading into them again I see what your saying. So I guess my only option is the 4" Lift Kit Double D JK Bolt On Long Arm and see if they will knock off some of the cost due to the fact I only need the control arms rite now.

I'm pretty sure that if you get the Double D kit, they will upgrade you to the high clearance brackets for free once you install an EVO lever.

HLKSMSH

So I am not sure what route I am going then the EVO lever is not in my budget with the long arm upgrade. I can only get a long arm upgrade at this point.

Christarp

just for curiosity's sake, why do you need the evo lever with it? Wouldn't high clearance just increase the angle of the control arms, and move the mounts at the frame? Does this kit not use the stock control arm placement on the axle side?

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
just for curiosity's sake, why do you need the evo lever with it? Wouldn't high clearance just increase the angle of the control arms, and move the mounts at the frame? Does this kit not use the stock control arm placement on the axle side?

It's all new brackets on the axle side for the high clearance long arm.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So I am not sure what route I am going then the EVO lever is not in my budget with the long arm upgrade. I can only get a long arm upgrade at this point.

Honestly, there's nothing wrong with the Double D long arm kit and really, with the exception of the rear frame brackets, it's exactly the same thing. If it were me, I would still do it and then upgrade to EVO lever and high clearance brackets if your budget ever allows you to do so. Not as if any other long arm kit out there would be any different.

As mentioned, you need all new brackets on the axle end to make it work.

ChaosNein

OP, you will want the DoubleD Long Arm Upgrade as I believe we discussed yesterday. This kit is brackets and arms only. If in the future you decide to go with the EVO REAR DTD (EVOLever), you can upgrade the REAR brackets to the High Clearance.

EVO-DoubleDLONGARM-UPGRADE

Mdrnizd

Does anyone have any pictures of the bolt on kit installed? I would like to see how the brackets mount.

tapcola

Just to be clear you went with the high clearance long arm and bolt on co's first ? or did you go EVO lever in the rear ?

StrizzyChris

Just to be clear you went with the high clearance long arm and bolt on co's first ? or did you go EVO lever in the rear ?

Rubicat had a one off high clearance long arm and EVO/king bolt on coilover custum set up. If you want this combo, then you will either need to do some self fabricating when you get the kits, or send it to EVO to do the custom setup for you. The Bolt-on CO and High Clearance LA kits WILL NOT be compatible out of the box.

EDIT: The bolt on Long arm kit(not high clearance) and bolt on CO kit WILL BE compatible together.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Rubicat had a one off high clearance long arm and EVO/king bolt on coilover custum set up. If you want this combo, then you will either need to do some self fabricating when you get the kits, or send it to EVO to do the custom setup for you. The Bolt-on CO and High Clearance LA kits WILL NOT be compatible out of the box.

EDIT: The bolt on Long arm kit(not high clearance) and bolt on CO kit WILL BE compatible together.

Yup, what Chris said ^^^ :yup:

Top Bottom