Savage Build Thread

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
Alright guys. This is going to be a slow and steady build for me I'm on a pretty strict budget as well as still having monthly payments.

I bought my 2009 JK Wrangler Rubicon last November. the day I picked her up:
photo (10).JPG

And this is pretty much what she looks like now:
photo (9).JPG

I hope you guys will enjoy what I do when I do it even though there will be long periods of time between.
In addition to sharing my Jeep build and keeping you updated; I would like to use my build thread as a way of getting advise for future mods that I will be considering so that I can determine which will be the best fit for me.

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
slow and steady wins the race. what future plans do you have in mind?

I got three things in mind; and i got a little bit of money saved up for one right now but I cannot figure out what to spend it on since I can't get all 3 :(
1. Winch- Either WARN Zeon 10-S or just the WARN Zeon 10 (without synthetic rope)
2. Tire Carrier- AEV tire carrier only
3 Sports Cage- thinking OR Fab, Rock Hard, or Poison Spider.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
I got three things in mind; and i got a little bit of money saved up for one right now but I cannot figure out what to spend it on since I can't get all 3 :(
1. Winch- Either WARN Zeon 10-S or just the WARN Zeon 10 (without synthetic rope)
2. Tire Carrier- AEV tire carrier only
3 Sports Cage- thinking OR Fab, Rock Hard, or Poison Spider.

yeah, i really want the zeon 10s and aev tire carrier for our white jeep and i would like the rock hard cage for mine. does or fab still make a roll cage? nice list of mods to start!

RUBINOT

Caught the Bug
I fully understand your slow build. I recently retired and then bought a 14 JK 3 months ago. My build will be slow too on my pensions. Just need to be more accurate with my purchases.

Keep us posted on your progress

Sent from my SPH-L710 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Armydog

Do it slowly and do it right the first time, that way you spend less in the long run

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app.......

DA RUNT

Yup, it's a marathon not a sprint. Take your time and do your homework. Looks great as is tho :thumb:

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
yeah, i really want the zeon 10s and aev tire carrier for our white jeep and i would like the rock hard cage for mine. does or fab still make a roll cage? nice list of mods to start!

Thank you! and i was wondering the same thing about OR Fab. I couldn't find it on their website but i was able to find one on another site: bytortruck.com. I was just thinking OR Fab really because of Eddies write up and there is a video on YouTube that shows how to install it.

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
ok guys so i am going to be purchasing a Rock Hard sports cage here in the next couple days or so. but i am also thinking about a Winch. I am looking at getting the WARN Zeon 10-S Winch but am wondering if it is worth the extra money and get the WARN winch with the air compressor; like the PowerPlant 9.5 Thermometric. or just save the money and get ARB on board air?

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
ok guys so i am going to be purchasing a Rock Hard sports cage here in the next couple days or so. but i am also thinking about a Winch. I am looking at getting the WARN Zeon 10-S Winch but am wondering if it is worth the extra money and get the WARN winch with the air compressor; like the PowerPlant 9.5 Thermometric. or just save the money and get ARB on board air?

Probably depends on how much you plan to use it. Also, not sure how user friendly it is if you ever decide to put air lockers on. I'm sure it could do the job, but it might be easier to have a dedicated compressor for that. I'd search other people's build threads for who else is running one and get their feedback too.

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
I just picked up a set of stock fenders and got them all tapped off and ready for cutting. But dummy me left my dremel at my parents house in Salt Lake City:doh:
Now hopefully this will give me an oportunity to meet some WayaLife guys/girls around my area.. I am wondering if there is anyone in or around the Santa Monica area that has a dremel that i can come by and use/hang with for the day? :yup:

fenders.jpg

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
Winch

Picked up a new-to-me winch. It is a XD9000i with masterpull synthetic line, they guy also gave me the steal cable. it was also approved by my cat.
Winch1.jpg
winch2.jpg

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
Finally got a Dremel and started cutting my stock fenders. But getting home from work at 6pm doesn't allow a lot of time before running out of sunlight.
i got all four trimmed, just got to take my ugly Bushwacker Pocket fenders off tomorrow and trim up the support then i should be looking good!

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
cant wait to see them on.

because of how early it is starting to get dark now i have been running out of light. I was actually able to finish it up last night but it was too hard to take pictures. so i will be posting them up later tonight when i get home from work! :rock: Im pretty stoked to check it out because i couldn't really tell how it looked in the dark last night.

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
So I was finally able to get some pictures of my fender chop in the daylight. Here it is. I was going for the wayalife style; I think it just looks so clean. What do u think?

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1411176018.012045.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1411176029.488335.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1411176057.747605.jpg

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
I also took off the rear bumper. Can't decide if I should leave it on or take it off. So I would like to know some of your guys opinion.
Here it is on:
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1411176154.243543.jpg

Here it is off:
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1411176171.926720.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1411176183.404415.jpg

Top Bottom