NJ Jeep Dealership Situation

scull20

Hey gang...so I've got a small situation on my hands and I was curious how some of you guys would handle it.

I picked up my '14 JKUR on May 30th from a local dealership here in NJ. After all the paperwork was signed, the finance manager invited me to spin their "wheel of fortune" in the showroom. I spun and landed on a gift certificate to a local restaurant. Satisfied, I was about to go on my way when the manager invited me to spin again. The second time around I landed on $100. I promptly told the manager to just remove $100 from what I owed him for down payment, etc...to which he replied that he had to have it sent via a check. No big deal either way...it's still money in my pocket!

It's been 2+ months now and still no check. The dealership is now telling me they only have a record of me winning the gift certificate. Now $100 is no gigantic sum of money, so I don't want to go raising hell and making a fool of myself over this...but hey, it's still $100 that I didn't have before!

I can certainly see the manager making a mistake and entering the gift certificate and not the $100...but the issue is I don't have much of a leg to stand on in trying to prove it. What sort of angle should I take here?

-Ryan

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Talk to the manager personally. Ask him about it. People oftentimes won't lie to your face, well unless they are salesmen or slimy attorneys... :cheesy:

t8er

I think I know which store if it's in north jersey. I would go to the store and request it in person. Here's the thing if they did put it on a "we owe" form they are usually only good for 60 days.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

scull20

Just an update:

Phone calls and emails continued to go unanswered. I received and email from Chrysler about a month ago. The email contained a survey about my "buying experience."

I typed up my story with names, dates, phone numbers, etc for all who were involved in the survey.

Last Friday (~4 weeks later) I received a phone call from the general manager apologizing for the situation. He explained that the check would be in the mail ASAP.

I don't have any proof, but I would
imagine survey made it through the ranks and ended up back on someone's desk in the dealership.

...better late than never I suppose!

Redmow

I think you did right following up with it. I can't stand people to promise something and then just pretend they never promised it. Those idiots should realize that something like that could definitely affect sales...especially Jeeps. We are a close knit community...word of mouth spreads quick.

Oregonjeeper

As someone who was in the car game ... I would say call the store and ask for sales manager /gsm/gm ... Tell them your story.. Believe me 100 bucks are nothing to dealerships .. If that doesn't work ... Be loud.. Call everyday!! Lol

Top Bottom