Anyone that got their head replace on the 3.6

cuongdyna

I have a question for anyone that got their heads replace on their jeep. Did the dealer do an oil change after they replaced the head?

Last edited:

MTG

Caught the Bug
Maybe it's a bad assumption on my part, but how would they replace the head without changing the oil? :idontknow:

cuongdyna

When I drop it off at the dealer last week. They said they'll change the oil after replacing the head. Do to it will be contaminated so they will replace the oil at no charge. I pick it up today and the oil was not changed. I asked and they said that Chrysler no longer cover the the oil change.

Last edited:

MTG

Caught the Bug
When I drop it off at the dealer last week. They said they'll change the oil after replacing the head. Do to it will be contaminated so they will the oil replaced at no charge. I pick it up today and the oil was not changed. I asked and they said that Chrysler no longer cover the the oil change.

Hmmm? Interesting. Maybe I should change my oil just to be on the safe side then. :idontknow:

DA RUNT

You've had both heads replaced or the same one a couple times?

Same side head twice. First time was a complete swap, second time they had to remove it because they claim it wasn't machined right and was causing a leak. :eek:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Well that's lame. Did you actually check your dip stick and did it still look dirty? For the kind of job that it is, I can see how a change wouldn't necessarily be necessary but for as cheap as it is to do, I can't imagine why they wouldn't have just to be safe.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Yes I check the dip stick and it was still dark. That's how I knew that they didn't change the oil.

They could have, I had the heads replaced oil changed) , a week later it was throwing codes. It was burning oil fast and the oil was jet black. Keep and eye on the level.

cuongdyna

They could have, I had the heads replaced oil changed) , a week later it was throwing codes. It was burning oil fast and the oil was jet black. Keep and eye on the level.

I check the oil 5 min after I left the dealer. They said they didn't change the oil.

Top Bottom