AEV Bumper Winch Mount Question

codename607

Just wondering if a harbor freight winch mount will work on the AEV Bumpers? I plan on using the badlands winch and to save some cash I was going to use their universal winch mount.

As the saying goes, "Just because you can, Doesn't mean you should". You can bet that it isn't nearly as thick as it should be and will probably bend,break or tear when you least expect it to and definitely when you need it the most. Recovery gear isn't an area you should pinch pennies when safety is a concern. Best to spend a little more and get the right gear the first time.

Mikead40

As the saying goes, "Just because you can, Doesn't mean you should". You can bet that it isn't nearly as thick as it should be and will probably bend,break or tear when you least expect it to and definitely when you need it the most. Recovery gear isn't an area you should pinch pennies when safety is a concern. Best to spend a little more and get the right gear the first time.
X2 - excellent advice
X

SmokinV10

Caught the Bug
I had the AEV bumper and it is designed to work as a unit with the winch plate kit. It's a VERY NICE full width bumper that is VERY WELL thought out. I don't know why you would spend the money on the bumper and screw everything up over one of the most important accessories. It's like running 25.0 miles of a marathon at full speed only to stop and have a beer .2 miles from the finish line.

William Thrasher

I have the AEV bumper and it's a nice one! But I'm not paying $250.00 for a winch plate when I can buy a crawler concepts bumper with plate for 260. I think the plate should have came with the bumper. I'm trying to sell my AEV as we speak and no one will even pay 300 bucks for it!

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
I have the AEV bumper and it's a nice one! But I'm not paying $250.00 for a winch plate when I can buy a crawler concepts bumper with plate for 260. I think the plate should have came with the bumper. I'm trying to sell my AEV as we speak and no one will even pay 300 bucks for it!

powerfist.jpg

WELCOME TO WAYALIFE!!!! :rock:

William Thrasher

Just wondering if a harbor freight winch mount will work on the AEV Bumpers? I plan on using the badlands winch and to save some cash I was going to use their universal winch mount.

No it won't, I had the same idea wound up selling the bumper and getting another style with a built in plate. I'm running a badlands as well until I can do better. But so far it hasn't failed me.

Top Bottom