Mopar/Rugged Ridge light bar

Hobolobo

Has anybody installed one of these light mount bars for the stock bumper? I just picked up my '14 JKUR the other day and since it took so long to get here, I talked the dealer into throwing one in for free. My question is, do i have to remove that little horizontal plastic piece that sits between the bumper and grille to put this on? Pics would help if you have them.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Has anybody installed one of these light mount bars for the stock bumper? I just picked up my '14 JKUR the other day and since it took so long to get here, I talked the dealer into throwing one in for free. My question is, do i have to remove that little horizontal plastic piece that sits between the bumper and grille to put this on? Pics would help if you have them.

I don't buy from quadratec , mainly because nr4x4 has better prices and a forum discount, but they usually have installation instructions on these things. I think you have to remove it. If I remember it bolts up on the side of the frame. It's about the only thing I go there for.

Hobolobo

I don't buy from quadratec , mainly because nr4x4 has better prices and a forum discount, but they usually have installation instructions on these things. I think you have to remove it. If I remember it bolts up on the side of the frame. It's about the only thing I go there for.

I don't really buy from them either, I got this through the dealership, but I'll check it out.

WhiteShadow

Yes I installed a light bar this past winter. I like the look and planned on getting lights but I haven't yet and have since changed my build plan up so this one will be going on sale soon most likely ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1407500427.312494.jpg

JayKay

Caught the Bug

I didn't remove mine :idontknow: the side brackets have a "U" shape in them that goes around the panel. I'll get some pics in a bit for you if you need them

Hobolobo

I didn't remove mine :idontknow: the side brackets have a "U" shape in them that goes around the panel. I'll get some pics in a bit for you if you need them

Thanks, but i got it on last night. Took me a bit. I thought i had to remove the panel, and to do that i had to take the grille off. So, long story short, after i installed it, i had to take it all off and do it again with things in place that i shouldn't have taken off in the first place.

TL;DR: i'm an idiot and did it twice.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1407524489.928402.jpg

JayKay

Caught the Bug
Thanks, but i got it on last night. Took me a bit. I thought i had to remove the panel, and to do that i had to take the grille off. So, long story short, after i installed it, i had to take it all off and do it again with things in place that i shouldn't have taken off in the first place.

TL;DR: i'm an idiot and did it twice.
View attachment 94696

Looks good! I'm not a huge fan of the light bar, but it's getting me by until I decide on a front bumper. I needed the bar so I could install some aftermarket lights with the amount of back roads I drive at night. The stock JK headlights suck, especially after lifting it IMO.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Looks good! I'm not a huge fan of the light bar, but it's getting me by until I decide on a front bumper. I needed the bar so I could install some aftermarket lights with the amount of back roads I drive at night. The stock JK headlights suck, especially after lifting it IMO.

If you aim your lights properly they will be a little better. I agree that the stock lights suck, but your issue with them being worse after lifting is because you need to aim them.

JayKay

Caught the Bug
If you aim your lights properly they will be a little better. I agree that the stock lights suck, but your issue with them being worse after lifting is because you need to aim them.

I did, but they just don't have very good distance

Top Bottom