Trektop NX

JKBlackie

So I just bought a Trektop NX that had never been opened out if he box on Craigslist. The guy did buy it about 3 years ago but had never used it. I went to install it today and it was missing 2 plastic clips (usually built into the main fabric of the top) that help hold in the rear bow support. Apparently it's an older version that didn't include those? Anyways, as I was installing without those clips, the bar was popping out. And in the process of lowering the top the two arms broke and the beakers holding the arms down just completely bent up. It had never been used or out if the box. Anyone else experience this?

CZEBJKU

I have not had that problem with my NX. I did have an issue with the head rail cracking at the windshield clamp. Mine was under warranty so Best Top replaced it. I would recommend giving them a call. They were great people to work with.

Sent from my SM-N900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

JKBlackie

I have not had that problem with my NX. I did have an issue with the head rail cracking at the windshield clamp. Mine was under warranty so Best Top replaced it. I would recommend giving them a call. They were great people to work with.

Yeah I tried that but since it was purchased so long ago and I wasn't the original purchaser it was out of warranty.

JKBlackie

I talked with the guy and he have me my money back and ordered a brand new one this morning. Should be here next week!

pvanweelden

^ that doesn't happen very often, someone gave you your money back from a craigslist sale, good job! :thumb:

JKBlackie

^ that doesn't happen very often, someone gave you your money back from a craigslist sale, good job! :thumb:

Haha thanks. He was a super nice guy and felt bad for selling me something that wouldn't work. I was surprised he did it too! Needless to say I'm going new now. Don't you have a Trektop? Did you buy new?

pvanweelden

I have a trektop nx, but got it off clist before I even bought the jkur :)
guy bought if for his wife's jku but she didn't like it.

JKBlackie

I have a trektop nx, but got it off clist before I even bought the jkur :)
guy bought if for his wife's jku but she didn't like it.

Oh nice. I thought I got a killer deal on Craigslist and then everything fell apart... Haha

Top Bottom