Technical Manual

Markymark420

Back in my VW days, I was able to buy the factory service manual directly, the damn thing was so thick that I could use it as a chock or a jackstand , but I had detailed drawings, wire diagrams, torque values, and so on....

What do you guys use as a technical reference when working on your jeeps? Haynes? Chilton?
Is there a factory service manual that can be purchased?

12CrushJK

I had a factory service manual for my 2001 TJ (used it all the time) so when I got my 2012 JK, I started looking for one for it...couldn't find one anywhere so I contacted Jeep. I was told they didn't make them anymore. If I remember correctly, they said nothing for the 2010 and up.

Markymark420

Yeah, I imagine that it's all computer based nowadays. Much cheaper to copy a program than to print a manual.
Any preference towards the Chilton vs Haynes?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
When it becomes available, a factory service manual is the single best thing to have. Back in my TJ days, it was available in PDF format and it was way nicer than my old CJ and XJ printed manual in that you could do a search for things instead of having to flip through pages hoping to come across what you were looking for. Unfortunately, the 2007 FSM that I now have is JUNK as it's all in HTML and not even compatible with current browsers. The content is lacking BIG time and the images cannot be zoomed in on. I'm actually pretty pissed that I paid as much as I did for it and can only hope that Chrysler starts to put out better FSM - like before, in the future.

Top Bottom