Just finished installing the EVO Enforcer 3" and have a few questions

bkac

Caught the Bug
As the thread says I just finished installing my Enforcer 3" with 5100's.
I took it for a really quick drive to straighten the steering wheel but not far enough to comment on the ride yet. The springs/shocks are noticeably softer. So my question is I used the new rear track bar bracket but my rear axle is off almost a half inch. I noticed because the rear sway bar links are really close to the tire on the passenger side. Maybe a quarter inch away from the tire. Everything I read said the factory track bar and the bracket would recenter the axle correctly. I don't think that's the case for me. The other question is what does evo recommend for the rear brake lines. I thought the kit came with new lines or a drop bracket. I did get new front lines. It's there a tool you can purchase to adjust the front lower arms? I current an using an allen wrench but it's difficult because the adjusters are really tight.

Here are a few pictures...

1407560674629.jpg 1407560696054.jpg 1407560736181.jpg 1407560768216.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I925 using WAYALIFE mobile app

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Your axle is always going to shift. How much back spacing do you have on your rims? At least 4.5" or around there? I'm thinking you don't have the proper bs

Last edited:

bkac

Caught the Bug
I realize it would shift but the track bar bracket should correct that when running a factory track bar or at least that's what I was told. Guys I'll order an adjustable one. Yes I have 4.5 BS on my wheels. Thanks

sent using the WAYALIFE app...

olram30

Here's a picture of rear links to compare.

Attachments

• 1407562408000.jpg
    1407562408000.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 577

olram30

What is your wheel BS? That looks much better. What track bar and bracket are you using?

This isn't my set up, I wish. I had asked a member here for a picture. Hopefully someone with this kit will stop by. But almost everyone uses the factory track bar and your bs sounds right.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I wouldn't worry about it. Go and drive it a bit and it might straighten itself out after a few bumps. It could be off just from you jacking it up and down to install the lift.

As far as brake lines, look at crown. They have longer brake line for a decent price if I remember correctly. Canvasjk has them and was really happy with the quality if I remember correctly

olram30

I looked at what comes with the enforcer, the picture shows brackets, and the description says brake lines. So I'm not sure. Call who ever you bought it from and ask them politely. Most places Will take care of you.
I know most kits just give the rears and usually undoing the bracket that holds the brake lines on 11 and up frees up the front lines.

redtx

I just did the 4' enforcer my self. Got it from ORE and it came with both front and rear longer brake lines

bkac

Caught the Bug
I just did the 4' enforcer my self. Got it from ORE and it came with both front and rear longer brake lines

Thanks for the info. Looks like you installed the sway bar links on the inside of the sway bar instead of the outside like from the factory. I thought about doing that to make more room. What about a tool for adjusting the arms? What are you using? Looks like a spanner wrench or something on that line.

redtx

Yes I did put them on the inside... I don't recall what the instructions said to do... I took mine to a shop to be adjusted ($80) but there is a wrench made for it... I went 4" because I want to run 40's... Not like I need to being in Texas "everything is bigger in Texas" I plan on taking it all over with the family

gleno99

Thanks for the info. Looks like you installed the sway bar links on the inside of the sway bar instead of the outside like from the factory. I thought about doing that to make more room. What about a tool for adjusting the arms? What are you using? Looks like a spanner wrench or something on that line.

I bought this spanner wrench. I have the 3" enforcer. Mine came with front and rear brake lines.
http://www.amazon.com/Armstrong-34-361-4-3-Inch-Adjustable-Spanner/dp/B00004WBI6

Last edited:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

A monkey wrench will work fine if you have one laying around.

JKbrick

I wonder if it really matters if they are on the inside or outside? This was posted when I questioned if mine were on correctly
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1407607820.616993.jpg

redtx

To be honest I don't think that it maters.. It does not change how they work, and it still does it's intended job.

bkac

Caught the Bug
I wonder if it really matters if they are on the inside or outside? This was posted when I questioned if mine were on correctly
View attachment 94835

I found a spanner wrench in the ole tool box. Got the front dialer in. I will call about the rear brake lines I didn't receive. Now for the rear axle recenter I still don't understand why mine is of fto the passenger side (longer) almost a 1/2 inch. I read again and it says it recenters the rear axle. Huh, don't think you can mess it up. There's only one hole to bolt it to before you clamp it to the axle..

I'll go out and post some pictures soon. This lift ride so much better then stock. I think I have one tire a little out of balance.

Yeep

I just got done with my 4" enforcer last weekend and it came with the rear lines..(although I did have to go buy the lower bolts for the sway bar links)

Top Bottom