Need a tire carrier and bumper that opens with the door. Was thinking ACE any thought

bkac

Caught the Bug
I'm looking to buy a rear bumper and tire carrier and need it to open with the door. Any suggestions would be great...

I'm leaning towards the ACE, the price and construction seem like a good combination.
37 would be the largest for now. I would l love the EVO carrier but the wife drives the jeep often and wants the carrier to open with the door. Happy wife means I get more jeep parts :thumbup:

sent using the WAYALIFE app...

DA RUNT

LOD Gen 4 is linked to the tailgate, I've run their products and would recommend them. Made in the U.S. and very high quality. They pack it very well for shipping also. Took me longer to unpack the bumper than to install it :yup:

Schweetjk

ARB makes a tire carrier that opens with the tailgate. I bought one but, had to return it because it did not fit with my 1st gen ARB rear bumper, it requires the 2nd gen bumper. I could of modded it to fit but did not want to chance ruining it.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
I really like LOD, the finish and style they have are top notch. Their front bumpers especially have clean lines. Ace is a little rough imo, and a lot complain of the weight. Some complaints of the bearing on the bumper part have been reported.
Poison spider seems to be a popular choice by many. With that in mind, there is a new company called crawler concepts that is an almost exact replica of poison spider. But because they copied ps so much really don't recommend them. I know there's story behind it, but I don't really care.
There is also the warn bumper and aev. The last two have your tire offset a little.
I would steer clear of teraflex and draken (I think that's the name). That's pretty much all I can think of. Good luck in your choice.

joshjuniorr

I run the poison Spyder rear bumper carrier setup. Love it. My only complaint is I can't run the rage relocation bracket with a stock rim using a wheel spacer. That's not really a big deal though.
hy9y2ydu.jpg

bking_1

I just installed the LoD rear bumper and tire carrier. I just seems to be made for the Jeep. I would do it all over again. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1407592582.636760.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1407592594.671698.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1407592607.348651.jpg

You wouldn't be disappointed with LoD!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
As mentioned, you really can't beat the LoD. They make a quality bumper, here in the USA and we're proud to have them here as a supporter of WAYALIFE. I've run their bumpers on pretty much all my Jeeps in the past and they've all been great.

bkac

Caught the Bug
As mentioned, you really can't beat the LoD. They make a quality bumper, here in the USA and we're proud to have them here as a supporter of WAYALIFE. I've run their bumpers on pretty much all my Jeeps in the past and they've all been great.

Just ordered the LoD. Gotta stick with whats made in the USA!

sent using the WAYALIFE app...

JKFlyer

Just an alternative....I had warn elite series ...1 motion...was pretty nice. Only issue is it suits slightly off center so handle easy to grab. May ruin someone's "chi" being off center but great carrier. Bitch to install though

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using WAYALIFE mobile app

Coloradan

I just installed the AEV spare tire carrier on my Jeep and I love it! Smooth operation and relatively easy installation. I got mine from Northridge and installed it with my stock bumper. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1407627072.421753.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1407627083.829301.jpg

Yeep

Picked up my ACE from Northridge...it's very sturdy. I wish the welds were a bit more finished but over all I'm very happy with it.

I was back and forth between the ace,lod, and jcr... Ended up going with the ace since I already had a set of the 6" rigid light that would work with it.

Matador

Need a tire carrier and bumper that opens with the door. Was thinking ACE any...

Love my ace!!! It's solid as hell! I went with slant back tire carrier option

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407926527.446697.jpg
5yjavy6a.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom