Flashcal Questions

Voodoo Actual

I have a 2014 JKUR.

I recently got punctures in 4 our if 5 tires - couple were sidewall tears.

Got 5 new tires which are a little larger than the factory 32's.

When I program my tire size the Jeep shifts all stupid like and my speedo is way off. It drives better when I go the factory reset. Which makes the Flashcal a waste.

When I first go into my 2 Hi settings, it starts me out at 3.73. I have 4.10's from the factory - is this an issue?

The Flashcal also had a t-case High and t-case Low option - what do I set these to, 4:10 and 4:10?

Lastly, when I make a tire size change the Auto Stick doesn't function - it does function after I do the factory reset.

Any thoughts?

thardy

Banned
I have not had any issues with mine on my '14 2dr sport. Only things I've messed with were tire size (actual, not what the tires say), verified that my axle ratio matched for what was in it, and turned the TPMS off. The only time I felt like it gave me issues was before I turned the TPMS off. As soon as I would crank it, the tire light would come on and the odometer wouldn't count at all until I hit the "trip" button on the cluster. Once I did that it would leap forward to however many miles I had driven. The open door notification would also stay on. As soon as I turned the TPMS completely off, no issues whatsoever.

Sent from WAYALIFE mobile app

Voodoo Actual

I have not had any issues with mine on my '14 2dr sport. Only things I've messed with were tire size (actual, not what the tires say), verified that my axle ratio matched for what was in it, and turned the TPMS off. The only time I felt like it gave me issues was before I turned the TPMS off. As soon as I would crank it, the tire light would come on and the odometer wouldn't count at all until I hit the "trip" button on the cluster. Once I did that it would leap forward to however many miles I had driven. The open door notification would also stay on. As soon as I turned the TPMS completely off, no issues whatsoever.

You turned your TPMS completely off or down? I only saw an option to go down to 20 psi.

thardy

Banned
It's an option you have to download for free. Have you plugged it into your computer yet? If not, the programmer might not be up to date which could be part of your issue.

Voodoo Actual

It's an option you have to download for free. Have you plugged it into your computer yet? If not, the programmer might not be up to date which could be part of your issue.

The first thing I did thus morning, after coffee, was get the latest update and I got the TPMS off feature. Which doesn't appear to work.

Any other ideas?

thardy

Banned
Sure dont, sorry! The only other thing I would say is to call Superchips. Good luck man. Let me know what you figure out.

JAGS

Hooked
The first thing I did thus morning, after coffee, was get the latest update and I got the TPMS off feature. Which doesn't appear to work.

Any other ideas?

You put it to the "offroad" setting? That's what turns off your tpms light. It's separate from air pressure setting.

- Jason

thardy

Banned
You put it to the "offroad" setting? That's what turns off your tpms light. It's separate from air pressure setting.

- Jason

Correct. I put the TPMS in "offroad" mode, completely turning it off. That was the only way I could get the light to go away.

thardy

Banned
I have no idea what they're set at, haven't messed with them. Honestly, I have no idea what is causing the auto stick to go out. I have an auto as well and have not had that issue. My only suggestion now is to contact Superchips and see what they say.

Voodoo Actual

- Jason

What is the off road setting under? I just looked in the menu and I didn't see it.

Here is what the Flashcal thinks is in my Jeep:

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1407703549.365087.jpg

thardy

Banned
It should be under vehicle functions. I believe it's one of the last options.

Voodoo Actual

It should be under vehicle functions. I believe it's one of the last options.

Got it.

It didn't download to the Flashcal the first time around. Apparently.

Everything seems to be working now but I'm not sure why the Flashcal is displaying 3.73's and not 4.10's.

thardy

Banned
Good. Glad you got it working. As far as the gear ratio, I have no idea. Could be the way your computer was programmed from the factory, but I really don't know. I'd change it to 4.10 now and see if it works.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Got it.

Everything seems to be working now but I'm not sure why the Flashcal is displaying 3.73's and not 4.10's.

So you have a newer Rubicon? Not sure if the 4:10 was standard or an option in 2013. If you're sure your jeep has 4.10 then there is something else going on.

thardy

Banned
So you have a newer Rubicon? Not sure if the 4:10 was standard or an option in 2013. If you're sure your jeep has 4.10 then there is something else going on.

Thanks for chiming in. Don't know much about what the Rubicon came with since I have a sport.

JAGS

Hooked
Got it.

4.10s was an upgrade option in 2013. Even for the rubicon models.

- Jason

Dean454

You don't have to pay for it?

Top Bottom