Body mounts

AlexwBlkJK

Well today I did the DIY grill mod, aftet last weekends excursion to this hill country I had a lit of bugs...
ANYWAY. ..when I had the grill ogg I noticed the mother of all evils..RUST on the body mount... looked like suface rust not pitted and spalled yet... (I bought her used and she came from Hawaii)
My question is.. shoukd I be real concerned? would It be wise to get synergy body bushings and just replace them all? I will deal with any rust appropriately and paint? Are the body mount bushings very hard to do? Do I have to have a lift? Thats abouy the only thing not in the garage. ..lol
Thoughts...

Sent from my SGH-T889 using WAYALIFE mobile app

StrizzyChris

I can't see them in your post but, assuming that its just surface rust, I'd sand them off really well and hit them with some rustoleum rust converter. It'll stop the rust process and prevent any further. As far as lift, no. A standard floor jack and some wood blocks is plenty to lift the tub off the mounts to clean everything up. I wouldn't waste your money replacing all the mounts unless they are seriously rusted and can't be cleaned.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
DO NOT replace your body mounts. The OE mounts on a JK are true isolators and they do a wonderful job of helping to absorb road noise. Polyurethane replacements would only cause your ride to be harsh and annoying. As Chris mentioned, just sand or take a wire wheel to the mount, clean off the rust and then hit it up with some rustoleum.

Top Bottom