Stuck getting this bolt on

DMF

Is there an easy way to line this up to get the bolt in? I've just added .75" spacers to the front. Decided to take that bolt off and now can't get it back in. Jeep is on jack stands with floor jack holding the pumpkin up. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1407650932.523334.jpg

Last edited:

DMF

Thanks Orverlander for the fast reply. Do i have to unbolt everything so the axle can move freely?

Last edited:

utiadam

LOSER
What Overlander said. If you put a floor jack in front of the diff housing and jack it up it should tilt backwards and align the bolt.

StrizzyChris

DO NOT remove all your control arm bolts! If you think your having a hard time now, that's a shit show to try to get all those back in, while by yourself and not using a lift.

I use a floor jack and a ratchet strap to help me move the axle around to find the sweet spot and get the bolts in.

DMF

Man am I glad you guys are still awake. Thanks for all the advise. I was finally able to fine the sweet spot by dragging the axle around as suggested. Had no idea that was possible to do with most of the suspension bolted back up. Thx Chris, I will remember that. Don't want to have to go thorough this again by myself.

So thankful for all the help!

JKbrick

DO NOT remove all your control arm bolts! If you think your having a hard time now, that's a shit show to try to get all those back in, while by yourself and not using a lift.

I use a floor jack and a ratchet strap to help me move the axle around to find the sweet spot and get the bolts in.

Who the f@&k are you? Mr professional control arm bolt putter inner guy?

kaptkrappy

Is there an easy way to line this up to get the bolt in? I've just added .75" spacers to the front. Decided to take that bolt off and now can't get it back in. Jeep is on jack stands with floor jack holding the pumpkin up. View attachment 94958

Can anybody identify the Mopar part in this picture?? (no this isn't a test)

This is the front upper control arm mount, but that isn't a control arm and it has a Mopar part no. stamped on it.

Oh, and never remove the control arm bolts like Chris said, just loosen then and then re-torque them all when it's back sitting on the tires.

DMF

Can anybody identify the Mopar part in this picture?? (no this isn't a test)

This is the front upper control arm mount, but that isn't a control arm and it has a Mopar part no. stamped on it.

Oh, and never remove the control arm bolts like Chris said, just loosen then and then re-torque them all when it's back sitting on the tires.

I have a "Mopar" 2" lift when I bought this Jeep. I'm not sure what part of this lift is a stock part or part of the kit to be honest.

And I shouldn't be doing this without supervision in the first place. What I thought was my upper control arm I was trying to loosen was actually my drag link. I will figure out how all this stuff works. Hopefully it doesn't kill me. Now that I know what the upper control arms are, I'm glad i didn't removed them.

Top Bottom