tube door help

Tin_Indian

Hey guys, really new to the jeep scene and was wondering what is every bodies suggestions on tube doors. There are so many of the market I don't know which to choose. Help is greatly needed. Thanks in advance.

Fir-na-tine

Caught the Bug
I have run the Body Armor tube doors on my JK and really have no complaints.......but because I have this sickness called Moditis.......I have recently purchased a set of Rugged Ridge half doors and will be adding them to my rig after I have them painted.......it just never ends:rock:

~Woodrow~

image.jpg

Last edited:

onebuilder

image.jpg I have the Bestop Element doors with the storage bags and love them. We just spent a week in Telluride with them on not one complaint. The added storage is a bonus!

Last edited:

UpsideUp

Hey Fir...
Are you going to be unloading your Body Armor doors when you get the others on or are you going to hang on to them? I might be interested if you are thinking of selling?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
As mentioned, the Rancho tube doors are really nice and allow you to mount the factory mirrors right up to them. Being that they are located in the same location, no adjustments are even needed to them once they are on.

main.php

I have a write-up for them here:

http://project-jk.com/jeep-jk-write...er-rock-gear-tube-doors-installation-write-up

StrizzyChris

I have recently purchased a set of Rugged Ridge half doors and will be adding them to my rig after I have them painted.......it just never ends:rock:

This is the route I will probably be going. I love the look of real OEM half doors but not the price tag. For just a little over the price of tube doors, you can get RR half doors that look great and from everyone I have personally spoken to they function well also. I just want to see some and play with them in person before making that leap. I know MTG has them and seems happy with them. Be sure to post up pics and a little review once you do! :thumb:

Fir-na-tine

Caught the Bug
Hey Fir...
Are you going to be unloading your Body Armor doors when you get the others on or are you going to hang on to them? I might be interested if you are thinking of selling?

Sorry UpsideUp I have already sold them to another firefighter friend of mine........he caught the same mod bug as me with his JK.......His wife hates me because I convinced him to get a JKU.......Oh well

~Woodrow~

Fir-na-tine

Caught the Bug
This is the route I will probably be going. I love the look of real OEM half doors but not the price tag. For just a little over the price of tube doors, you can get RR half doors that look great and from everyone I have personally spoken to they function well also. I just want to see some and play with them in person before making that leap. I know MTG has them and seems happy with them. Be sure to post up pics and a little review once you do! :thumb:

I will do that Chris

~Woodrow~

Cadima

I have the ranchos and think they look the best, but their rubber bumpers you are supposed to install to keep from rattling are crap. Also, you need to buy some limiting straps to keep the doors from swinging open too far. Warrior makes some that worked for me.

Fir-na-tine

Caught the Bug
I have the ranchos and think they look the best, but their rubber bumpers you are supposed to install to keep from rattling are crap. Also, you need to buy some limiting straps to keep the doors from swinging open too far. Warrior makes some that worked for me.

The Body Armor tube doors in my picture used the stock limiting straps both front and rear.......not sure why some of the other tube doors that are available don't......seems to me that it would be simple to add that to the design.....

~Woodrow~

JKFlyer

I had same as Fir but recently sold b/c i want water-proof (or as best you can get). So i went with element tube doors, painted enclosures and will keep uppers in my trunk. body armor do look great in my opinion. I will have painted enclsoures so will look a little more OEM now

Top Bottom