Ripped seat

JKBlackie

My brothers 07 JKU's seat had started ripping and getting worse and worse. Excluding getting seat covers, does anyone know a good trick to fix that? And if not where would be a good place to find a new seat for cheap?

JeepinLife

Caught the Bug
My brothers 07 JKU's seat had started ripping and getting worse and worse. Excluding getting seat covers, does anyone know a good trick to fix that? And if not where would be a good place to find a new seat for cheap?

Where is it ripping at? I have an 07 that's doing the same thing on the side of the seat where I slide in so to speak. Trying to come up with an idea or sew a thicker piece of fabric over it to help slow down the wear

4x4Jesus

Caught the Bug
My drivers seat is ripping from getting in and out everyday. I just got a quote from a local upholstery shop and they can re-upholster the seat with matching material for $100.

Rccrwlr

My drivers seat is ripping from getting in and out everyday. I just got a quote from a local upholstery shop and they can re-upholster the seat with matching material for $100.

That's a pretty good deal. Cost me $500 to fix my dads truck when i put a screw driver through it (it was in my back pocket):thumb:

JKBlackie

Where is it ripping at? I have an 07 that's doing the same thing on the side of the seat where I slide in so to speak. Trying to come up with an idea or sew a thicker piece of fabric over it to help slow down the wear

It's ripping in the same place that yours is. Right on the side where he slides in. That thicker fabric over it is a good thought! I'll keep an eye out for something and let you know what I come up with!

JKBlackie

$100?! That's not bad at all. I'll have to shop around us to see what prices the local upholstery shops charge. Hopefully just that much!

Top Bottom