2012 Jeep JK VS. Big Rig tire

gtony12

Caught the Bug
Jeep JK VS. tire

OK, I was headed East on freeway and a big rig was headed West on the other side of freeway. The big rig rear TIRE AND RIM broke free from his trailer and shot over the center divider and hit me head on losing control and hitting right shoulder wall. Well I walked away with arm and neck pain, my Jeep I thought died. But, it a live its being resurrected from the dead. My JK saved My Life! So just some advise look out for flying tires! Thank you Jeep! I wouldn't buy anything else!:clap2:

Attachments

• 2012 jeep.JPG
    2012 jeep.JPG
    113.1 KB · Views: 526
  • rebuild.JPG
    rebuild.JPG
    133.4 KB · Views: 520
  • DSC01838.jpg
    DSC01838.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 516
Last edited:

MTG

Caught the Bug
Wow! Glad you are okay. Sorry about the jeep. Post more details/pics when you can.

Last edited:

MTG

Caught the Bug
Wow! That is crazy. Be careful out there, sounds like a scene from Final Destination! :cheesy:

DManuel

Wow, that is crazy! Glad you were not injured. I live off the 91 and Imperial Hwy. It is a busy, bumpy freeway. I still can't believe that happened. Again, glad you are OK. So, what color 2013 are you getting???

Smizar

I've been a truck driver for 35 years and I've seen tires tear cabs apart,rip off fenders and fuel tanks and take the tips off of cars and it scares the crap out if me when I have people hang right beside me on the freeway or ride my butt... Definatly not saying that was the case here but it's something to think about...

StrizzyChris

I've been a truck driver for 35 years and I've seen tires tear cabs apart,rip off fenders and fuel tanks and take the tips off of cars and it scares the crap out if me when I have people hang right beside me on the freeway or ride my butt... Definatly not saying that was the case here but it's something to think about...

happened to my grandma...ever since then she would bolt past any semi that she passed

gtony12

Caught the Bug
My Repair

The Insurance company said they may try and fix it, first est. was $12,000.00:thinking: Well either way i am good with, I just want my JEEP back.
I have to say jeep built a great car, if I was in my wife's car, I definitely wouldn't have made it. Its scared the $^#$% out of me! Hot oil and parts of the jeep hit inside the cab on my head, I don't think I will ever drive with top off on freeway again.

Last edited:

jktubby

The Insurance company said they may try and fix it, first est. was $12,000.00:thinking: Well either way i am good with, I just want my JEEP back.
I have to say jeep built a great car, if I was in my wife's car, I definitely wouldn't have made it. Its scared the $^#$% out of me! Hot oil and parts of the jeep hit inside the cab on my head, I don't think I will ever drive with top off on freeway again.

What the hell the ins. is going to try and fix that?? Seems like a major accident and a totaled jeep, just make sure you get everything checked real well if they do fix it; engine, transmission, frame, etc..

Top Bottom